29th April 2014, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

When I can attendoff campus drives? How can I get information about it?

hi,i'm samya i have completed my third year(B.TECH-IT)in pmu . currently i'm having c.g.p.a 9.3 my doubt is when i can attend off campus?? how can i get information about off campus drives? please guide me...

2nd May 2014, 12:34 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: When I can attendoff campus drives? How can I get information about it?

First of all congrats to you on having a very good CGPA throughout your course till third year and make sure you finish you degree with the same %. Coming to your query, this is the right time you start attending off-campus as you are already in 3rd year now.

The major problem is where off-campus takes place? and how to get the information for it? This is bit tricky because even N number of websites in internet climb false information on off-campus drives as no one is 100% sure of it. So, the better thing to do on this is to get connected with your college placement cell. I believe every college have their placement cell (or office) making sure that they will get the campus placements running with different companies coming to the college to recruit their students and at the same time they will make sure that they will pass on the information on any off-campus drives which will happen in other colleges which are around yours.

So, talk with your college officials and department teachers on it and make sure that they will give you the information on campus/off-campus placements. Now a days most of the service companies like TCS, Mahindra Satyam, Accenture, Wipro etc are interested to take in only the present final year students and only few are ready to take 3rd years but that doesn't mean you don't have to prepare for it.

Start your preparation right away for the off-campus/campus placements so that you will be ready whenever the opportunity comes at your door step. In common all the companies coming for campus placements use to follow three major rounds which are as follows,

-> Aptitude test.
-> Technical interview.
-> HR interview.

It will be really good if you start the preparation with aptitude round now itself so that you can easily pass this round. There are many books available in the market which will help you to prepare for this topic, one of the best is R.S.Agarwal. Buy them and start the preparation. Once you complete the aptitude test you will be called in for Technical and HR interview where you need to be good on basic concepts of your core subjects + good communications skills.

I have attached some of the files in this post for your campus placement preparation. Just go through it and start your preparations right away.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf aptitude.pdf(1.18 MB, 65 views)
File Type: pdf Interview Skills That Win The Job -WindowTricks-.pdf(1.99 MB, 67 views)
File Type: pdf R S aggarwal verbal reasoning.pdf(803.4 KB, 105 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?