13th November 2016, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

What to do next after joining TCS in testing domain right after completion of B.Sc Botany graduation to be successful in career?

I have completed graduation from maharani's college with B.Sc in botany honors. When I was in final year TCS came into my college to take interview, and I got selected. Now I am a fresher in TCS and got the job in software testing in a banking domain, now I am unable to understand what should I do next to become successful? Which master course and anything else. so please kindly help.

15th November 2016, 08:54 PM
monu2681992

Default Re: What to do next after joining TCS in testing domain right after completion of B.Sc Botany graduation to be successful in career?

It seems that you are still in confusion, that what should you do.
Since, you get placed in a reputed company. And after placement everyone's goal becomes more clear but in your case it is still blur.

I will suggest you to think what you wanted to be in your life. Since, you can be a successful tester in your career. You can move on upholding the current track.

You were botany students, then how come you get selected to TCS. because till my knowledge you do not qualify the educational qualification for TCS campus recruitment.

But, if you are inside the organization, then you have to think according to your current profile only.
16th November 2016, 07:14 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do next after joining TCS in testing domain right after completion of B.Sc Botany graduation to be successful in career?

Since you have received job offer from TCS, so you have changed your domain and came to IT. Now it is your choice whether you want to stay in IT or go for higher studies in your domain. You can opt for post graduation courses in the field of Botany or related fields provided you have interest in pursuing further studies in that domain. Otherwise you an spend few years doing service in TCS and then opt for higher studies in the IT field. You can also continue your work in TCS and grow in TCS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?