15th March 2015, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for On-Campus Placement with 2 years of gap in studies?

Hi,

I passed my 10th with 88% through CBSE and 12th with 70% nd took a year gap to prepare for entrance exam. I got admitted in a good college but due to medical reasons I had to quit my study...now I will be repeating my 1st year this year. So, my B.Tech (IT) degree will be of 5 years. Will I eligible for on campus placements by TCS, WIPRO, ACCENTURE, INFOSYS, etc. Will it hinder my carrier ?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for campus placements in TCS if I have 1 year gap between 10th and 12th and 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  2. Am I eligible to site in campus placement with 60% above throughout studies?
  3. Can I appear in CTS off-campus interview within 6 months if rejected through on-campus drive?
  4. A student which has one year gap in degree along with one current backlog is eligible for Syntel campus placement?
  5. Can I attend Mahindra-Satyam On-Campus drive if having 2 years of gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  6. Am I eligible for Syntel Campus Placement having 1 year gap between 10th and 12th and another year gap between 12th and BE?
  7. Is there any negative marking applicable for Infosys aptitude test?
  8. Am i eligible for off campus placement after doing B.E?
  9. If I have 1 year gap between 12th and B.Tech will I be eligible for campus placements?
  10. Am I eligible for core companies placements if I have gap in education?
  11. I have 3 Gap Years, will I still be eligible for Placements? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Campus placement after 62% marks and no academic gap?
  13. Am I eligible to attend campus placement with 56.8% in 12th?
  14. Will I get a good job after completing B.Tech CSE with 65+%?
  15. When Microsoft India will take Off-campus Interview for B.Tech graduate?
  16. Am I eligible for campus placement with 62% in 12th after improvement exam?
  17. Am I eligible for CTS campus interview if having a year gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  18. Am I eligible to attend CAPGEMINI on-campus interview with mentioned percentage if having gap of 3 years between B.Tech and M.Tech?
7th April 2015, 02:43 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Will I be eligible for On-Campus Placement with 2 years of gap in studies?

No problem, you are definitely eligible to apply for On-Campus Placements. Maximum up to two years gap in studies is acceptable. But you have to maintain consist in your percentage bar. You must have secure at least 75% or above marks in aggregate (10th,12th, graduation and/or post-graduation) to apply for Infosys, Accenture, Polaris, IBM and CTS. You must have secure at least 60% or above marks in aggregate (10th,12th, graduation and/or post-graduation) to apply for Wipro and TCS.

15th April 2015, 09:58 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: Will I be eligible for On-Campus Placement with 2 years of gap in studies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I passed my 10th with 88% through CBSE and 12th with 70% nd took a year gap to prepare for entrance exam. I got admitted in a good college but due to medical reasons I had to quit my study...now I will be repeating my 1st year this year. So, my B.Tech (IT) degree will be of 5 years. Will I eligible for on campus placements by TCS, WIPRO, ACCENTURE, INFOSYS, etc. Will it hinder my carrier ?

Yes, from overall it shows that you were having the academic gap of 1 year, and in today's date the academic gap of 1 year is considered by almost all company even by Microsoft. So, you need not to be in Pressure, you have very good marks, just prepare for the campus drive.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?