5th January 2014, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Will recession affect my job offer in Wipro?

Hi friends,
I got selected in WIPRO Technologies off campus conducted by anna university in the month of june 2011.When 'll i receive my offer letter?? I'm worried about recession too

5th January 2014, 04:01 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Will recession affect my offer in WIPRO??

Its probably too late to wait for the call now if you have received the offer letter from Wipro by 2012 as it's already almost two years now. You should have made some steps to find out by now to know what is the status. Just try to follow the below points to make sure that you will be called inside Wipro for your job,

-> Send a mail to the same id which you have received your offer letter from Wipro asking them about your offer status and when they will be calling you in to the company.

-> If you don't get reply for 1-2 days then try to call them with the contact number which they would have probably left in their mail signature as the HR usually does that. Ask them straight for the reason for why they are taking so much time and when they will be calling you.

-> If neither of the above points help you need to go directly to the main office in your place to check out or contact your college officials and move it from there if you got the offer from campus placement as that will be much easier than you going and visiting them.

There is no other options left other than these if none of them helped then probably you need to apply for different companies now and start searching for a better job as it's already too late to be idle after completing your Graduation!

If you think finding a job again will be difficult then probably go on to try Post Graduation course either in India or outside.
11th January 2014, 07:00 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Will recession affect my job offer in Wipro?

I congratulate you for getting job opportunity in Wipro through Off Campus Placements.

You have mentioned that you got selected in the year of 2011. Now it is 2014. Is the year that you mentioned 2011 is correct or not.

If it is 2011, then I suggest you to loose hopes on your job offer. If it is 2013, you can follow up with the respective HR who were involved in your recruitment procedure.

Don't restrict yourself to Wipro itself. There are so many companies in India which are better than Wipro like
TCS
Infosys
Mahindra Satyam
Google
Microsoft etc.

My suggestion for you would be to try for job opportunities in those companies.

To be eligible to apply for job opportunities in these companies,
-You should be a candidate of career 60 having secured a minimum of 60% of marks in all your academic levels.
-Your academic gap should not be more than 2 years.
-You should not have any pending backlogs.

Recession does not have any impact on your job offer.

MNCs will tolerate from recession. As of now there is no recession at all as many companies are getting good number of projects from other countries and within India itself also.

So, you can try as Fresher.

If you have strong subject knowledge and good communication skills, you will easily get job.

Wish you all the best.
14th March 2014, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

I am a candidate selected in WASE on December 17,2013. I got an offer letter but don't know the joining date. The phone number and mail service was of no use. Please say when will we receive an appointment letter for this batch.
31st March 2016, 09:04 PM
work@home

If you have been selected, then you will surely called even after a long time and new batches will be fed out for jobs. After you have been called, you will be given training as for Wista or WASE Programme conducted along with Bits Pilany University. Thereafter you would also have various tests to measure your capabilities and you would also fed into various projects. And only if you are found unworthy, you will be placed into benches and later you need to quit the company. And also as per today's opportunity in India, and these companies are geeking a lot of overseas projects as well internal government projects.
26th August 2016, 04:32 PM
HERE2HELP
Member+

Well, it depends on a lot of things. Recession will have it's effect on every MNC to be honest. But there are a lot of things involved in that.

1. The project you are involved.
2. The present value of the domain you are working.
3. The effect that your company faced so far wit recession.

So no one can say that, okay you are with such and such company, you are safe and others are not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?