29th February 2016, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in Science stream in Kendriya Vidyalaya School with 8.2 CGPA in 10th?

Dear Sir,
I have got 8.2 CGPA in 10th class. Can I get admission in Science in Kendriya Vidyalaya School. I want to become a Doctor. I will give my best in 11th and 12th class?

29th February 2016, 06:21 PM
OnePlus

Default Re: Can I get admission in Science stream in Kendriya Vidyalaya School with 8.2 CGPA in 10th?

In kendriya vidyalaya the admission is done on the basis of merits and CGPA.

For science stream-
A minimum of C1 grade in Maths.
A minimum of C1 grade in science.
Average grade point in maths and science taken together must be 6.5.
A minimum of 6.0 CGPA.

As you want to become a Doctor so I suggest you to opt science stream without maths. You should opt biology.

For science without maths-
A minimum grade of C1 in science and 6.0 CGPA.
29th February 2016, 08:59 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in Science stream in Kendriya Vidyalaya School with 8.2 CGPA in 10th?

Generally there is very much less chance to get admission in Std 11 in Kendriya Vidayalaya due to less number of seats in different streams.

But, if due to any reason if seat is vacant and admission is conducted on it then admission is on basis of marks in 10th. So, you can apply for admission and wait for final list of student to get admission.

To get more information visit the official website of school.
29th February 2016, 09:11 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Admission in any school is not just provided on the basis of the marks you score, but also on the marks scored by others, i.e. the competition level. However, you might get admission if the competition level is not that huge.

You should in any case definitely try for admission.
29th February 2016, 09:13 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Getting good marks or the minimum required marks only makes the eligibility criteria fulfilled, it has absolutely nothing to do with the admission. However, you have scored good in your 10th and there is a high possibility for you to get admission in Science stream in class 11 in KV. You should however, try for admission and I am sure you will get admission.
29th February 2016, 10:52 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

There are very less seats available in standard 11th in Central School for candidates of other streams. It is not that you are not eligible for admission with 8.2 CGPA but main thing is that number of candidates applying for even less number of seats are there with higher CGPA like 10 and 9.5. Sometimes even all candidates are with 10 CGPA.

There is less probability that you will get admission with this CGPA.
29th February 2016, 11:15 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Kendriya Vidyalaya School has very good reputation and provides best education. Definitely you are eligible for the admission in the Kendriya Vidyalaya School after scoring 8.2 CGPA in your matriculation exams. You must have to appear in the interview for getting the admission in the KV schools. If you clear the interview then you are eligible for the admission in the KV. You have to submit a photocopy of your "date of birth" certificate, residential proof, duly attested admission form at the time of admission.
10th June 2017, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I've got 9.8 cgpa in class 10 can i get admission in kv in Humanities stream. and please email me at [email protected] if you have time. And I request you to provide me admission details
15th June 2017, 02:01 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Wink Re: Can I get admission in Science stream in Kendriya Vidyalaya School with 8.2 CGPA in 10th?

Yes,you can get admission in science stream in kendriya vidyalia.
The only thing you have to do is getting good cgpa
If you get good marks you will get sheet in good school and you can take your science stream
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?