30th April 2016, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to change the school in 10th standard from CBSE board?

Am I eligible to change the school in 10th standard from CBSE board? Can you please guide me with the information which I need to follow to change the school now? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back as soon as possible. Thank you!

30th April 2016, 08:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to change the school in 10th standard from CBSE board?

You can change school in standard tenth but you will have to again take admission in some other schools in standard 9th because registration for board examination is done in 9th class from any CBSE affiliated school. The school in which at present you are reading has done registration for your board exams in standard 9th.

It is but natural that present school will not allow you to leave it and if you will leave your registration will be cancelled. Changing school in standard 10th amounts to complete loss of one academic year. You can continue with same school for board exams and after tenth board exams and marksheets, you can approach some other school for admission in standard 11th.
30th April 2016, 08:46 PM
IQ14

Default Re: Am I eligible to change the school in 10th standard from CBSE board?

Yes, you can change your school in class 10th. You can go from CBSE to CBSE that is you can't change the board you can only change the school.
There should be a valuable reason behind the changing of your school. Most of the school doesn't provide admission in class 10th without any valuable reason.

You need to fill an application form . You must required the following documents like transfer certificate, character certificate , report card of class 9th etc.
30th April 2016, 09:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can change from CBSE Board school to any other school for pursuing your 10th standard. To get admission in new school for pursuing your 10th standard, you must have to submit Transfer Certificate, Bonafide Certificate, Previous years marks sheet, etc., in your new school. After successful completion of admission process, you will be offered admission in 10th standard in CBSE Board school.
30th April 2016, 09:21 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

For this you need to follow below steps :

<> You should take out the permission from CBSE Board by showing the transfer certificate or the reason behind to leave the school.

<> Then once you get the permission from CBSE Board then you will have a chance to apply for any other school.

<> But to get admission from other school other than cbse you need to produce " IX report card/TC " .
30th April 2016, 09:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can change school in standard tenth. You just need to follow certain steps:

Obtain transfer certificate from your previous school.

Visit any other CBSE affiliated school and submit all documents for admission.

But your registration in previous school will be cancelled and you will again have to register for board exams in new schools.
30th April 2016, 10:27 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible for changing school in the mid of your Class 10th as per the CBSE norms, a student can not change his/her school once he/she is registered to the same in his Class 9th.

Yes, you have the option of getting yourself transferred to any other branch of your school ( if any ) for your convenience. Here you will be registered to the boards with the same registration number. For this you can talk to your school management otherwise you will have to appear in your board examination with the same school and once you clear your class 10th you will be eligible for change of school for your higher secondary degree course.
30th April 2016, 11:14 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to change your school from CBSE board in 10th standard. For changing your school you will need a migration certificate. So my suggestion to you is that you should apply for the migration certificate before leaving your current school. In your new school you have to fill a new admission form and attach your migration certificate along with it. Also you will have to show your mark sheet of 9th class for getting admission in 10th class.
30th April 2016, 11:25 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, your child can definitely appear in 10th class exams in some other school with same board as you have a genuine reason to change the school.

You need these certificate

Transfer certificate

character certificate

Registration number.etc .
30th April 2016, 11:39 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to change the school in 10th standard from CBSE board.

One can change the school in 10th standard but it is only possible after requesting the board,also the present school needs to give the candidate a transfer certificate and needs to remove the candidate from the loc of the school.
1st May 2016, 12:35 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can change your school in 10th standard but you know that the registration for board exams of tenth class exams in already done from your present school which is affiliated to school and now if you will change your school then you will have to get admission again in any new school in standard 9th. It means that you will be one year back in your studies.

It is advisable not to change school in standard tenth and continue with your existing school, you can change your school in standard 11th.
1st May 2016, 12:40 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can change your school in 10th board.

Obtain tranfer certificate from previous school and submit it along with application fee and marksheet for admission in new school.

You will get admission in new school in standard 9th and you will have to appear for board exams in next month
1st May 2016, 12:49 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates can change there school within same board. So, if you have any reasonable cause you change the school.

To change the school you have to ask the board your registration via your school in which you are pursuing. So kindly visit the school to get the details and procedure to change the school.
1st May 2016, 12:54 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to change the school in 10th standard from CBSE board.

One can change the school in 10th standard but it is only possible after requesting the board,also the present school needs to give the candidate a transfer certificate and needs to remove the candidate from the loc of the school.
1st May 2016, 12:48 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

If you want to shift to another school in class 10, it is only possible if you want it to be done under the same board.

You should however have to have a valid reason for it, which could be accepted, otherwise things can be tougher for you.

In any other board, it is however not possible to shift in class 10.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?