14th December 2015, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in 10th CBSE after completion of 9th ICSE?

Hello Sir,
I am in 9th standard in ICSE Board. But I want to change my Board. I want to move to CBSE. Can I get admission in CBSE Board in 10th standard next year?

15th December 2015, 06:42 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in 10th CBSE after completion of 9th ICSE?

In standard ninth in every board registration for 10th board examinations are done. So, without registration in standard ninth in CBSE board, you will not be able to take admission standard 10th in any CBSE affiliated school.

You have two choices. First is that if any CBSE school does your registration in back date then you can get admission in class 10th in that school. Second choice is to get admission in class 9th first in CBSE board.

You can also continue with ICSE board as it as good as CBSE board.
15th December 2015, 05:30 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you can not get admission in 10th CBSE after completion of 9th ICSE board.

For admission in class tenth of CBSE, first you need to get registered in class 9th as registration for 10th board from CBSE is done in class 9th.

You can get admission in any CBSE affiliated school in standard 9th to appear for board exams from CBSE.
15th December 2015, 09:59 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear for 10th board exams from Central Board of Secondary Education is as below:

Candidate must have registered for board exams from any CBSE affiliated school in class 9th by mentioning subjects in which he/she will like to appear for board exams. Therefore registration is necessary in standard ninth for 10th board exams.

You can not get admission directly in class tenth after completion of 9th ICSE board. You must get admission in class ninth in any CBSE affiliated school.
15th December 2015, 10:07 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much get admission in CBSE board in your 10th standard from another board, but you will be needing an affidavit siting the reasons for it.

Along with that you will have to collect some of the documents from your previous school in order to get admission in another school and another boards, they are mentioned below;

All of your educational documents from the previous school,i.e. School leaving certificate, Character Certificate, Marksheet, etc.

You should also contact the prospective school and ask them about their eligibility criteria to provide admission to a candidate from another board in their school in class 10. You should also fulfill the requirements of that school.
15th December 2015, 11:28 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The provision is not available in Central Board of Secondary Education that candidate can appear for 9th board from ICSE board then appear for 10th board exams from CBSE. You can get admission in 10th CBSE after completion of 9th ICSE.

It is clearly mentioned that a candidate can appear for CBSE 10th board exams only when candidate has registered for board examinations in standard 9th from any of CBSE affiliated school.

Therefore if you are interested to appear for CBSE 10th board exams, you must take admission in CBSE affiliated school in 9th class.
18th December 2015, 10:30 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Yes, you can take admission in class 10th in CBSE Board from class 9th in ICSE Board as it is possible legally.
For that you will need some kind of documents:

Write an application to the current Board that, you want to change from your current Board to CBSE Board in class 10th.
Take a Transfer Certificate (T.C) from your current school.
Collect your class 9th mark sheet from your current school.
Character certificate from the current school.
You will also need an affidavit and migration certificate to change your Board from ICSE to CBSE. etc.
19th January 2016, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

WHETHER THE MARKS OF IT PAPER IS CALCULATED IN FINAL EXAMINATHON OF 10TH CBSE?
10th February 2016, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 9 class in uttarakhand and now I want to change my school to Delhi and I also asked some school to take my admission but they refused so now what can I do to save my year.
thanks
24th July 2019, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

Can I transfer my son after completing 9 standard in ICSE to 10 CBSE ??
27th February 2022, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Can any student transfer your school in 10 in cbsc board?if yes what rules?
12th March 2022, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I transfer my son 9 th standard icse to class10 cbse
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?