17th March 2015, 04:29 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission in 10th NIOS at the age of 20 years if completed 8th?

Sir,
I left my school after 8th. Now I
20 years old and want to complete my
10th. So, now I can get admission in NIOS Board?
Waiting for your reply.

19th March 2015, 10:26 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in 10th NIOS at the age of 20 years if completed 8th?

Yes, it may be possible for you to complete your class 10th from the NIOS board as it is an open schooling so you can get admission there. But you should have a strong reason that for what reason you have left your studies and why you are joining after so many years, if your reason is genuine enough than probably your admission can be done in NIOS board.
20th March 2015, 04:51 PM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in 10th NIOS at the age of 20 years if completed 8th?

Age does not matter in distance education system. You must be knowing that NIOS or National Institute of Open Schooling is a distance education institute for school level education. So you can take admission over there at any age you want to and for any academical session you wan to.
But one thing I must mention is that, you cannot take direct admission in 10th. Since your last passed out class was class 8, you have to show that passed out marks sheet and get admitted in class 9.Log onto www.nios.in and go to students section to get admitted online.
21st March 2015, 12:19 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Don't worry sir, you are eligible for getting admission in NIOS. As in open schooling age never make any differences between you and your study.You just need to visit National Institute of Open Schooling and apply for admission.

Documents you require are mark sheet of last appearing class, Permanent residence proof, and two current photograph.

Once you register there then you will receive your roll number, registration/admit card and study material on your given address.

Best of luck.
1st April 2015, 12:41 AM
SmilyRishu

I think that you are eligible for getting admission in the NIOS. Because as we know that NIOS is a open board, so the age does not matter here in NIOS.
So my suggestion to you is that you simply have to fill the application form for the exams and prepare yourself for the exam.
I would like to give you a personal suggestion that you should have to join any coaching center for good touch with the subjects, by doing so you will definitely got good marks in your exams.
7th February 2017, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

My son was born on 25th june 2003, is he eligible for std 10th in 2017. Can he registered on june 26th of 2017 for his 10th exam
14th July 2017, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

My kid is 11 yrs & is into competitive sport. She requires long hours of training. Can she register for 2017 -18 with a school under NIOS? Does she have to attend school?
1st August 2018, 02:41 AM
Unregistered

I want my son to get admission in open school he had cleared 7th standard from cbse board past 4yrs now want to study further can he get admission in 10th class
22nd January 2021, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Failed in 10th through Maharashtra board. Want to appear from nios for XII. My age is 43 am I eligible to apply.
11th July 2021, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission for class 7 in NIOS
16th May 2023, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Can student get admission in to 10 class without any formal education?
30th May 2023, 07:39 PM
eduking

NIOS is an open school for everyone and there is no age limit for admission. Anyone who wants to get schooling from a recognized board but doesn't fulfill the age criteria can opt for NIOS admission. You don't have to attend any classes and can study from home without any worries.

Just study from home and pass exams to get your schooling qualification. NIOS is a recognized open schooling and it is considered valid for government jobs and other higher education courses in India.
22nd June 2023, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

If I am 21 years old and wanted to take admission in NIOS for class 10th ,so can I go for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?