6th March 2015, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study Software Engineering course after completing 12th Commerce?

Hi,
I am studying in 12th from Commerce side.
Can I take or am I eligible for taking
admission in Software Engineering course?
Please help me on this.

8th March 2015, 11:36 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Software Engineering course after completing 12th Commerce?

No, you are not eligible to study Software Engineering course after completion of your 12th Commerce. To be eligible to study Software Engineering course, you must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and you need to appear in engineering entrance examinations like JEE, KCET, EAMCET, etc. to get admission in Software Engineering course. Since, you have not completed your 12th standard with Science stream, you are not eligible to study Software Engineering course.
8th March 2015, 06:26 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Software Engineering course after completing 12th Commerce?

If you wish to study Software Engineering Course, then you must have passed your 10+2 with PCM stream.
That means Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are compulsory for you to choose branch like Software Engineering, IT, Computer Science, etc.
Because, these all courses run in Engineering Colleges and for clearing their entrance exams, you will have to solve Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics based questions of 10+2 level.
So, if you haven't opted for these subjects at your Intermediate level, then you won't be able to understand and attempt those questions.

However, if you have little knowledge in Computers and interested in it too.
Then, you can join BCA course that runs in many institutes.
And after completing BCA, you can pursue for post graduate course like MCA.
Today, MCA graduates are in high demand and they are paid equally to B.Tech and M.Tech graduates in some fields.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?