18th August 2016, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Which is best school base or board base to become a IAS in future?

Actually my Son have to become a IAS & he is in 10th now in ARMY SCHOOL (CBSE), but there is two option like School Base & Board Base.which is suitable for IAS.? Can you please advice me with the right information for me to become an IAS?

18th August 2016, 03:42 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is best school base or board base to become a IAS in future?

There is nothing to do with from which board candidates have appeared in 10th examination to appear for Civil Services examination conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years.

So, wait for bachelor degree to appear for examination, you have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
18th August 2016, 07:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administration Services.

Examination for IAS is Civil Services exam. Civil Services exam has nothing to do with school base or board base. Minimum academic qualification required for this exam is bachelor's degree.

Generally, most of students prefer to give board based exam and so, Board based is better than school based exam for 10th. Your son should opt for board based exam as it helps in coming out of examination fear.
18th August 2016, 07:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Preparation for IAS exam is according to the UPSC syllabus and there is no issues even if you study at any school board. It would be better to opt for the best school available at your place.

Hence, opt for anything because it doesn't matter much in preparation for IAS exam. It will depend on the hard work you give according to the syllabus.
18th August 2016, 08:04 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Both boards are suitable it is not compulsory that only any particular board based students are eligible.

Let me tell you that to become an IAS first of all your son need to be a graduate. As minimum qualification needed here is graduation or any bachelor degree.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must be a bachelor degree holder from any of the recognized university.

Candidate must have at least 45 percent aggregate in their graduation.

Candidate age should not less than 21 years and should not exceed 42 years.

Candidate should be a citizen of India.
18th August 2016, 08:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer in future, the candidate should have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university. There is no need to do schooling especially from school based or board based institute. You can choose any institute of your interest for pursuing your higher studies. I suggest you to choose the Board based instead of school based because, you can gain more practical knowledge by pursuing your studies from Board based schools.
18th August 2016, 10:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per my suggestion your child should opt board based exams. Moreover it does not matter whether a candidate is of board or school based. His concern should be concept and clarification. He need to score good marks and maintain a good academic record.
Still board based examination is a better option to know the true performance of your child.
19th August 2016, 12:48 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

To be an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer there is no necessity of a particular mode of board examination as both the modes of CBSE Class 10th board examination whether it is school based board examination or board based examination are equivalent in value wise, syllabus wise, question pattern and other factors too.

So it is upto the students choice for which mode he/she would like to give his/her board examination. But from my point of view, as your son is looking to be an IAS officer so he should look to appear in board based examination rather than as it would give him some experience of away center examination which would will be helpful when he appears his higher board examination and competitive examination.
19th August 2016, 01:05 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

In whichever you feel easy or comfort you are eligible to appear for 10th examination. There is no limitation on any of them.

To appear for Civil Services examination the only eligibility is candidate must have passed degree from recognised university in any discipline. The age limit is 21-32 years but there is relaxation in age for candidates of reserved category to appear for examination.

So, you are eligible to pursue any course or take admission in any board till the degree to appear for Civil Services entrance examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?