26th July 2015, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

Should I study Commerce in ISC if secured 58.6% in 10th ICSE Science?

Sir,
I have taken Science in my 10th ICSE but unfortunately I have scored 58.6% in my Board exam. Now, my school is not giving me admission in Science of ISC. So, I should study Commerce in ISC instead of Science? Please suggest me.

Related Questions:
  1. Should I opt for Science in 12th ISC if secured 50% in 10th ICSE?
  2. Possibility to study Commerce in 11th ISC for 10th Science candidate?
  3. Colleges which offers Science in 11th ISC for a candidate who has secured 85% in 10th ICSE Board exam?
  4. Can I get admission in 11th ISC Science if secured 65% in 10th ICSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which Board should I prefer among ISC and CBSE to study Higher Secondary Science if secured 75% in 10th ICSE?
  6. Should I opt for ITI course if secured 48% in 12th ISC and 83% in 10th ICSE?
  7. Possibility to get admission in 11th Science of ISC Board if secured 44% in Science and 60.5% in 10th ICSE?
  8. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of ISC Board if completed 10th from ICSE Board?
  9. CBSE or ISC, which is better for 10th ICSE student who is seeking for Science stream?
  10. Procedure to get admission in ISC 1st year at St. Xavier's College, Ranchi for a candidate who have secured 73% in 10th ICSE?
  11. ISC or HSC, which is better to opt after 10th ICSE for Medicine/Architecture aspirant?
  12. Whicg is the best option ISC or Inter for ICSE student? Best ISC college in Hyderabad? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What should I choose among Business Studies and Commercial Mathematics in 11th ISC?
  14. Which is better among ISC and CBSE Board to study if expecting above 90% in PCM of 10th ICSE?
  15. Practical section of Chemistry is tough in ISC Board?
  16. Which one is better ISC or HSC after 10th boards?
  17. Am I eligible to study further in Canada with scholarship if secured 87% in 10th ICSE?
  18. Change of school from IGCSE 10th grade to ISC is possible?
28th July 2015, 02:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I study Commerce in ISC if secured 58.6% in 10th ICSE Science?

Yes, your percentage of marks in 10th ICSE board is a bit low. The selection of stream in 10+2 totally depends upon your career goal, what you to achieve after 10+2. All streams are equally good and have immense career opportunities.

From my point of view, selection of stream in 10+2 should be totally done upon one's own interest rather on suggestion of others. For example, if you want to do engineering after 10+2, you may opt for Science stream with PCM subject group.

If you have interest in medical field like MBBS, BDS etc, you can go for the Science stream with PCB subject group. Similarly if your career goal is to become a chartered accountant, commerce stream in 10+2 will be more suitable for this course as compared to science.

At 10th level, students are always in dilemma that to select the right stream for 10+2. Sit and relax and think what is your career goal and depending upon which select the stream either it is science or commerce or arts. Stream taken in 10+2 shapes up your career.

If you are interested in science stream and your school is not giving you admission in science stream due to low percentage then you may change the school also if so much interested in science as there are some school which offer science stream at low percentage also, never compromise in stream if you have interest in it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?