15th December 2013, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Economics or Computer as optional subject for ICSE board exam?

as an additional paper which is the better option to choose for ICSE board exam "COMPUTER" OR "ECONOMICS" because i don't want to spend much time in the additional sub.but want to score good marks in my additional sub. for ICSE. For your information i have a goo grasping ability,and can buck-up anything within a minute.I am very good both in maths and history and in overall subjects.My favourite sub. is history and amin to be an IAS in my future.

17th December 2013, 08:46 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Economics or Computer as optional subject for ICSE board exam?

It is nice to see that you have the qualities required for effective study where you can mug up stuffs when required and also can be conceptually enriched when required. It is really appreciable that you are good in both mathematics and history which are the subjects of fear for most of the students. Further, it is really good to see you aspiring for IAS.

Coming to your query, whether you should take up economics or computer applications sorely depends on your interest. You should take up the subject in which you are interested and comfortable. This will fetch you more marks. Both the subjects are scoring, so you can choose any depending on your interest.

Economics is such a subject where memorising the stuffs is needed whereas in Computer Applications conceptual knowledge is important. Both will require some time from your everyday study life and the time totally depends on your capability of grasping things and memorising them.

Keeping in mind your aim of becoming IAS officer and your favorite subject as History, it will be better for you to take up Economics than Computer Applications. This will help you a lot in the future while aspiring for IAS and you can easily score well in this subject. But always remember, you must take up the subject as per your interest and comfort even though various people will advise you various things.
10th January 2014, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

which subject is better to choose for being an IAS officer in future- computer or economics?
16th February 2014, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

which subject is better to choose for being a navy doctor in future -computer or economics ?
12th March 2014, 11:51 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

You should choose subjects as per your interest and the subject in which you are comfortable. It is useless to choose any subject on suggestion of others and getting ruined in it. After all, it is you who have to study it and not the advisor.

Economics is better to choose in IAS as compared to computers since it involves certain topics which are asked in the general knowledge part of IAS and also the IAS interviews. Hence if you know the concepts of Economics properly, you can definitely score well and do well in the interviews.

For the next query, for being a doctor you do not require computer or economics. You need to have good knowledge of Biology along with Physics and Chemistry. However knowing computers is good for you since modern world is run by the computers which finds applications everywhere even in medical field.
16th April 2014, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

which subject is better as an additional subject in class 10 icse, computer applications or Art. I am good at both though
I don't want to make a career out of Art. Basically I don't want to waste time in studying an additional subject as I
can concentrate more on the main subjects. However I want to take up computer as my specialization after 12th
5th May 2014, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

My son who is in grade 8th ICSE board seem to be less interested in maths and not scoring above 50 marks. His strengths are biology,history,geography and eng.How do we help him decide subjects in 10th class?your feedback is really help us guide him.
Thank you,
21st May 2014, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

in my school 13 boys got 100 in computer.but the most genious boy got 94 in economic applications.how to score 100 in economic applications
12th February 2015, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

i am a class 8th student of an icse school n will be going to 9th this yr....they ask three options home-science,economics n computer as an optional subject....i am totally confused among d three.
i wanna be a doctor in future.i have interest in cooking as well as history n try to explore more and more things on the web....PLEASE tell me d right option.
12th April 2017, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Do economics as 6th subject in ICSE will pose problem later in getting admission in to medical?
13th February 2018, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

I have a question. At present i am in class 8 and time has come for me to choose a six subject for 9th and am confused between computer and economics many people told me that taking subject in class 9th does not affect the future however i am willing to do MBA or IAS in future
28th January 2022, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

I want to do mbbs in future so now I should take computer or economics
21st June 2022, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

If i Choose Economics as my optional subject in class IX, will there be any problem in taking science in ISC?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?