21st July 2015, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to cope-up with Marathi subject in 9th Maharashtra State Board for ICSE candidate?

Hi,
My name is Mariam Shah. My daughter wants to change from ICSE to Maharashtra State Board .She is in class 8 and going to class 9. Will she be able to handle Marathi subject because as she can't cope with the ICSE studies either. She has scored 36% only this year and I am really worried. Please advice me soon.

24th July 2015, 11:56 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to cope-up with Marathi subject in 9th Maharashtra State Board for ICSE candidate?

Well, your daughter's grades are really poor. In fact, to get a good job after graduation, she must get at least 60% or more in class 10 board examination. Since she is having problem in ICSE, she will have even more problem, if it is her state board. The marking scheme of state board examinations are even more strict. So she needs to really work hard and hike her marks in every examination from now on. I don't think she will be able to handle Marathi subject. If Marathi is not compulsory in class 10, then make it her optional subject or drop it. She needs to pass class 10 examination with real good marks. For that she would require good tutors in every subject that is compulsory in the board examination. Search for good tutors right now, before it is too late. If she improves in all the subject, then she can think of concentrating of Marathi subject as a compulsory one. But not before that.
26th July 2015, 05:16 PM
pointer01

Default Re: Is it possible to cope-up with Marathi subject in 9th Maharashtra State Board for ICSE candidate?

Your daughter wants to switch from ICSE to State board. In state board the marking pattern and copy checking pattern is very strict. So, will get less marks in class 10th of State Board. I suggest your daughter to opt CBSE Board if she can't cope up with ICSE board.The study pattern of CBSE board is good and also she will get good marks through CBSE as compare to other boards. She needs to work hard for her future. She needs to join coaching for tough subjects. You should point out her weak points and help her to improve itself.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?