22nd November 2017, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Books for English grammar practice in 11th standard

I completed 10th from CBSE, now I want to change my board CBSE to GSEB 11th biology. Now I don't know what is paper style of exam and also not found the study material or books which is actually helpful for me. Please also give me name of book for English grammar practice.

22nd November 2017, 08:27 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Books for English grammar practice in 11th standard

Some good books for your choice:

Essential grammar in use with answers: A self study reference and practice book for elementary learners of English by Raymond Murphy.

Advanced grammar in use with answers: A self study reference and practice book for advanced learners of English by Martin.

Basic English grammar with audio CD, with answer key by Betty.

Practice makes perfect Advanced English grammar for ESL learners by Mark.

English grammar in use: A self study reference and practice book for intermediate students of English with answers by Raymond Murphy.
22nd November 2017, 10:48 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Best English grammar books for 11th standard:

the MC graw Hill handbook of English grammar and usage by Mark.

The blue book of grammar and punctuation by Jane.

Basic English grammar by Betty.

Intermediate resources for learning English Grammar and Writing.

English grammar in use by Raymond.

Intermediate English grammar by Murphy.
23rd November 2017, 05:17 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Below I have listed name of English Grammar Practice books of class 11 standard:
>Comprehensive English Grammar & Composition, by S.C. Gupta (Author)
>Intermediate English Grammar Supplementary Exercises with Answers, by Hashemi (Author)
>Essential English Grammar - Supplementary Exercises Indian edition, by Helen Naylor (Author),‎ Raymond Murphy (Author)
>Intermediate English Grammar with Answers, by Murphy (Author)
>Cbse All In One English Core Class 11th 2 Edition, by Gajendra Singh, Kapil Sabharwal
>High School English Grammar and Composition Book (Multicolour Edition), by D,V,Prasada,Rao N (Author),‎ N.D.V. Prasada Rao (Editor)
23rd November 2017, 08:37 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

No matter which board or class you study or where are you studying, English Grammar will always be important for you.

There is no book better than the English Grammar and Comprehension, written by Wren and Martin.

There are different volumes of the same writer depending on the understanding level of the student.

Since you have passed 10th from the CBSE, I suppose you already know the basics so I advice you to go for the most advanced version of Wren and Martin. You will learn a lot from that.
23rd November 2017, 10:31 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Below I have mentioned the list of English Grammar Practice books of class 11th, just have a look over it.

List of English Grammar practice books for class 11th:-
  • Essential English Grammar - Supplementary Exercises Indian edition, by Helen Naylor (Author),‎ Raymond Murphy (Author)
  • Intermediate English Grammar with Answers, by Murphy (Author)
  • Comprehensive English Grammar & Composition, by S.C. Gupta (Author)
  • High School English Grammar and Composition Book (Multicolour Edition), by D,V,Prasada,Rao N (Author),‎ N.D.V. Prasada Rao (Editor)
  • Intermediate English Grammar Supplementary Exercises with Answers, by Hashemi (Author)
  • Cbse All In One English Core Class 11th 2 Edition, by Gajendra Singh, Kapil Sabharwal
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?