15th September 2015, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Can Commerce student get a job in Indian navy?

Respected Sir,

I am Anjali Sama from Jabalpur M.P and I have done my schooling from nachiketa higher sec from jabalpur. I wish to join navy but my education background is from commerce stream and my percentage in 12 standard.

15th September 2015, 11:19 PM
pyare7

Default Re: Can Commerce student get a job in Indian navy?

Commerce Student can join Indian Navy through NDA exam.

NDA exam stands for National Defense Academy which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Education Qualification:

12th standard from a recognized university

Age limit:

Age limit is 16.5-19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for NDA exam.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

Selection Process:

Written exam

SSB Interview

Physical and Medical Standard
16th September 2015, 12:29 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no way in which a commerce stream student can get job in the Indian Navy.

Also as you are a female candidate so you are not eligible for joining the defense field at this level of academics.

So in order to join Indian defense i.e; Indian Military ( Army ) you will first have to complete your graduation degree with any stream of your choice from a recognized university and then look to clear the CDS examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the same examination is held by UPSC twice every year for the recruitment in Indian Defense. The other qualifications required for the same are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying in between 19 years to 24 years.

* You must hold the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

The same examination is conducted in two stages which are called as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

For further queries regarding the same examination you can visit the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
16th September 2015, 12:49 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No being an commerce stream student as well as a female candidate you are not eligible for Joining Indian Navy as for the same only science stream students are eligible.

But you do not have to worry if you are interested in joining Indian Defense as you have the option of Joining Indian Military i.e; Indian Army with you. But for the same you will have to first complete your graduation degree course and then have to clear the CDS examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the same examination is held by Union Public Service Commission twice every year in two stages which are respectively called as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview. Also to be eligible for the same examination you must have the qualifications given here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying in between 19 years to 24 years.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

* You must hold a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year students are also eligible.

For more information about the syllabus, question pattern and notifications regarding the upcoming CDS examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
16th September 2015, 12:52 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,

I am Anjali Sama from Jabalpur M.P and I have done my schooling from nachiketa higher sec from jabalpur. I wish to join navy but my education background is from commerce stream and my percentage in 12 standard.
Actually you cannot join in Indian Navy after completing +2 in Commerce stream, the reason behind it is that you should have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects regarding the educational qualification needed as per NDA exam.

NDA offers candidates to join in defence forces after +2 and you cannot join in Indian navy because of this, but you can apply for joining in Indian army. The needed qualification apart from education is that you should have a citizenship in India and must be unmarried male candidate. Age limit needed is 16 1/2-19 1/2 years. Candidate should be physically fit.

If you satisfy all these criteria's then you can apply for NDA exam and for more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th September 2015, 12:20 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, commerce student can't get job in Indian Navy after 12th.
Commerce candidate can apply for job in Indian Army.

Eligibility for Indian Navy after 12th :

Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics and Mathematics from any recognised board.
Age of candidate must be above 16.5 to 19 years.
Candidate must be Indian.
Candidate must be unmarried male.
16th September 2015, 06:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For Indian Navy there is a logistic cadre job for commerce graduates which is a short service commission. You can apply for it after completion of your B.Com from a recognized university.

If you want to join Indian Navy with this stream then this is the only option. So, complete your graduation and be prepared for this short service commission in logistic cadre.
16th September 2015, 10:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, Commerce students are not eligible to join in Indian Navy. To join in Indian Navy, the candidate must have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. To be eligible to appear in NDA (Indian Navy) examination, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board. Being a Commerce stream student, you are not eligible to join in Indian Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?