24th May 2016, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply to appear in CPT without studying Maths in 12th Commerce? How to register?

Dear Sir,
I have completed my 12th and I want to give CPT. Kindly tell me how can I register for CPT? I don't have Maths in my 12th Commerce. So, can I apply for CPT?

25th May 2016, 08:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply to appear in CPT without studying Maths in 12th Commerce? How to register?

CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test. The eligibility criteria for CPT is that candidate must have completed 10+2 in any discipline from a recognized board. You can apply for CPT without studying Mathematics in 10+2 commerce. Common Proficiency Test is conducted twice every year in June and December by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.

CPT is an objective test and it consists of questions from different subjects like fundamentals of accountancy, economics, mercantile law and aptitude. You need to score at least 30% marks in each subject and overall 50% aggregate in order to clear test.

You can register and apply for CPT examination at official website of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India that is Click Here .
25th May 2016, 08:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply to appear in CPT without studying Maths in 12th Commerce? How to register?

Yes, you can appear in CPT even if you have passed class 12th with any stream. Maths is not the requirement for appearing in this exam.

Just make sure that you get yourself registered for CPT on time. Just visit the website for registration and send the application form with all the required documents.
25th May 2016, 08:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear in CPT examination without studying Mathematics subject in your 12th standard Commerce stream. You can register for CPT through online at http://online.icai.org/cptform.html.
26th May 2016, 12:26 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I have completed my 12th and I want to give CPT. Kindly tell me how can I register for CPT? I don't have Maths in my 12th Commerce. So, can I apply for CPT?
Yes, you can apply for CA CPT without studying Mathematics in 12th Commerce. The eligibility for the CPT examination is a pass in 10+2 examination. For the CPT you have to register 60 days before the CPT Examinations. The CPT examinations are held in June & December every year. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is conducting the course and the examinations. You can join the CPT coaching in which they will teach you all the subjects for CPT including Mathematics. The website link is given you can check the details in the link, Click Here.

The aspirant can register online for the CPT examinations through online. The website link is Click HereYou have to study the instructions carefully before filling the online applications.
26th May 2016, 04:56 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Ohh yes, definitely you can apply for the CPT.

All you need to do is to just register with the ICAI when the notification comes on the website.

There is no such subject specific criteria for CPT according to the ICAI.
26th May 2016, 09:33 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The full form of CPT is Common Proficiency Test. You can directly register for CPT on official website of Institute of Chartered accountancy of India. For registering and online application, visit http://icaiexam.icai.org/guide_cpt.php

*You can apply for CPT exam without studying mathematics in Commerce stream in 10+2. But you should have good knowledge of mathematics upto 10th standard so that you can solve quantitative ability sector with ease.

*Questions in CPT is asked from different sections like Accountancy, Economics, Aptitude and Mercantile law.
26th May 2016, 11:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
Yes, of course you are eligible to appear in the CPT entrance examination without studying Mathematics subject at 12th standard level. The main eligibility criteria to appear in the CPT entrance exam is that the candidate must complete 12th standard or its equivalent qualification in any stream from a recognized board or school. However, those who studied Mathematics subject at 12th standard will be added advantage. Such candidate may easily understand the accounting subjects without much difficulty.

Normally, the CPT entrance exam will be held during the month of June and December every year, which is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). One can register CPT examinations through online.

For more details - Visit Here.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?