4th June 2017, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I become Journalist without taking math in class 11th and 12th?

I am in 10th standard. Now after completing my 10th standard, I want to do 11th and 12th but in 11th, I don’t want math subject because my math is week. So, can I become a Journalist without taking math?

4th June 2017, 09:57 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become Journalist without taking math in class 11th and 12th?

Yes, you can become journalist without taking Mathematics subject for pursuing in your class 11th and 12th. You can pursue any stream of your interest in your 11th and 12th standard and after that, you need to pursue your higher studies in journalism related courses like B.A (Journalism), M.A (Journalism), etc., to become a journalist.
4th June 2017, 11:19 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become Journalist it is not compulsory that a candidate must have studied mathematics in 12th standard. Because to become Jounalist, a candidate must have passed 12th standard in any discipline from a recognised board with 50% marks and after completion of 12th standard he or she has to pursue a degree course in Bachelor in Mass Communication and Journalism.
To get admission in course you need to qualify in entrance examination conducted by university or to fulfill the minimum aggregate in 10 + 2 to get admission.
4th June 2017, 11:30 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not mandatory to pursue mathematics in 11th and 12th standard to become a Journalist. Candidates who have completed their 12th standard in any stream with minimum 55% marks from a recognized board are eligible to apply for journalism course. Some institutes may conduct a written examination to select the eligible candidates. The selection will depend upon the performance in the examination followed by personal interview.
5th June 2017, 05:09 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can continue your 11th and 12th standard without taking maths as there is no compulsory requirements of mathematics in the field of Journalism.
All you need to do in your class 11 and 12 is to score good marks and keep on practicing on your English/hindi languages (reading, writing, speaking) for your betterment in future.
5th June 2017, 09:51 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 10th standard. Now after completing my 10th standard, I want to do 11th and 12th but in 11th, I don’t want math subject because my math is week. So, can I become a Journalist without taking math?
After completion of 12th standard, you can become a Journalist but you must completed graduation degree in Journalism.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible to get admission in graduation degree in journalism.

You age should be above 17 years.
5th June 2017, 12:31 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Yes, you can become a journalist without taking a mathematics subject in Class 11th and 12th. You can choose an arts stream in 10+2 and then study a Bachelor Degree in Journalism or Mass Communication / Mass Media to become a journalist in the future. You can also pursue a Master’s Degree in the Journalism after completion of Bachelor Degree to fulfill your goal. The above mentioned courses are available in various colleges / institutions in India. Job opportunities are available in print media and electronic media. Candidates after completion of the course can work in magazines, newspapers, journals, books, television, radio and internet.
6th June 2017, 12:20 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can become a Journalist if you would not opt Mathematics in your class 11th, there must not be any problem.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in any stream from a recognised Board can opt Bachelors degree in Journalism or Mass communication from a recognised University. After qualifying in the said course, you can apply for Journalist. You must have a good communication skill to be a journalist.
6th June 2017, 12:51 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Yes, of course you can become a Journalist without studying Mathematics subject. Mathematics subject is not mandatory to pursue for Journalism. Any stream candidates who completed their Intermediate course can apply for Bachelor degree in Journalism. The candidate must score at 50% of marks at 12th standard level.
30th July 2017, 09:49 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

No, it is not compulsory to opt maths in class 12th to become a journalist.
To become a journalist a candidate must be 12th passed with any discipline. You must have minimum 50% marks in class 12th.
After the completion of class 12th you have to take admission in graduation. You have to do BA (journalism ) or BA(mass communication).
After that you can apply for Master's degree also with journalism or mass communication.
After having these degrees you will become a good journalist.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?