24th May 2015, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Can I change my school after 10th exam while am preparing for IIT?

I am studying in MP BOARD SCHOOL i have to prepare for IIT should i change my school or not I have given 10th exam.? Is it advisable? or will it help me to prepare more if I am going to study in the same school? Can someone please guide me in this?

24th May 2015, 01:50 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change my school after 10th exam while am preparing for IIT?

You can definitely change your school if you wish to, but if you only want to change your school thinking that you will be able to score well in IIT, than I am afraid it won't be a justified decision.

You can very well prepare fro your IIT examination and along with it you can also prepare for your board examination. Still if you wish to shift your school or board, then I would suggest you to opt for CBSE board as it could help you in your preparation, its not that you won't be able to score well without shifting your board, but if you don't want to continue your studies in the same board, you can thus go for this option.
24th May 2015, 10:07 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Indian Institute of Technology colleges are the best college in India for B.Tech/B.E courses.
For admission in IIT colleges , students have to qualify JEE Mains and Advance both the stages and also need to be in top 20 percentile of the board from which he/she has appeared for Higher Secondary Certificate .

There is no restriction for any student to change board or school after 10th examination for admission 11th standard.
So, you can take admission in any school approved by any board according to you choice or desire.

The documents required at the time of admission in 11th standard
-Admit Card of Secondary examination.
-Marksheet
-Character Certificate
-Migration Certificate in case student is changing their board.
24th May 2015, 12:17 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can change to another school after the completion of your 10th standard. And as a student, who was preparing for JEE main and Advanced exam, it will be helpful for you, if you can join in CBSE affiliated school, because the JEE exam syllabus is almost similar to CBSE board syllabus. So, if you join in CBSE affilated school, you can easily prepare for JEE main and Advanced exams.
24th May 2015, 12:41 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Indian Institute of Technology colleges are the best college in India for B.Tech/B.E courses.
For admission in IIT colleges , students have to qualify JEE Mains and Advance both the stages and also need to be in top 20 percentile of the board from which he/she has appeared for Higher Secondary Certificate .

There is no restriction for any student to change board or school after 10th examination for admission 11th standard.
So, you can take admission in any school approved by any board according to you choice or desire.

The documents required at the time of admission in 11th standard
-Admit Card of Secondary examination.
-Marksheet
-Character Certificate
-Migration Certificate in case student is changing their board.
24th May 2015, 12:52 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to change your school after your 10th class. But I do not think that there will be any benefit of changing the school or even the board for the IIT preparation.

To get admission in the IIT to pursue B.tech course you have to qualify in the JEE examination conducted by the CBSE. The examination is conducted in two stages as Mains and Advance.

You have to qualify in both the stages for the IIT. As only candidates who qualifies in the Mains are eligible for the Advance.

The eligibility to appear for the examination are candidates must have passed or pursuing in 10+2 board from any recognised board with PCM as main subjects. There are only three attempts to appear for the examination. There is no special reservation for any board candidates.

So you can start your preparation for the IIT and taking in consideration of board examination as board aggregate also plays during rank list. For any more information foe the examination visit at www.cbse.nic.in.
24th May 2015, 01:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can change your school after your 10th examinations or you can also continue your higher studies in the same school if the school offers 11th and 12th standards with IIT coaching. If the school does not offer IIT coaching then, definitely you can transfer to new school and you can pursue your higher studies. To get admission in new school, you need to obtain Transfer Certificate from your old school and you need to submit it in your new school and you need to complete the entire admission process to get admission in new school.
27th June 2015, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Is changing school after 10th class a good move?
My friends have changed their schools. I m confused about this decision. I m in a senior secondary school and am planning to change to a big or famous school. Will it help me? Or not?
29th June 2015, 02:37 PM
reconnect

I think the decision of changing the school is not a justified decision. You are already study in Senior secondary school which is good. For IIT examination you have to join the coaching so, you have to work hard. The preparation is not very much depends upon your school as you are already in senior secondary school. So, the syllabus of CBSE board is very good for all the entrance exams. Famous school can not helps you if you do not work hard. So, Work hard prepare for class 12th and for examination side by side.

GOOD LUCK.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?