5th December 2015, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in MBBS without Physics in NIOS?

Respected Sir,
Which 5 subjects I have to choose through NIOS Board to get admission in MBBS and if I passed 12th from NIOS Board with Biology, Chemistry and Psychology instead of Physics, then am I eligible for MBBS?

6th December 2015, 06:53 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in MBBS without Physics in NIOS?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. There are various entrance exams conducted for this course like AIPMT, AIIMS entrance exam, JIPMER, State Level Pre medical tests etc.

For all these entrance exams, the common academic eligibility criteria is that you must have passed 10+2 with compulsory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.

As you have not studied Physics at 10+2 level, you are not eligible for MBBS course.
6th December 2015, 02:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for Entrance Test to get admission in MBBS College:

A candidate must have done 12th from recognized board with physics, chemistry, biology and English as compulsory subjects with at least 50% marks.

Age 17-25 years and relaxation is given to reserved category students.

Hence, you can't join MBBS course without physics.
6th December 2015, 03:47 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in MBBS course without Physics inn NIOS.
Candidate must have passed his/her 12th class from any recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects.
As you have not studied Physics in 12th class, so you cant get admission in MBBS course.
6th December 2015, 06:18 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

For MBBS you must need to appear in the entrance exam called AIPMT( All India Pre Medical Test) conducted by central Board of secondary education once in a year. Admissions are provided on the basis of merit list menas toppers of the test will get admission in best colleges over india. It doesn't matters how many marks you got in 12th class or from which board you passed out 12th class. Main thing that is you must score good marks in the entrance exam.
6th December 2015, 07:52 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, one cannot pursue MBBS without Physics as compulsory subject.

The candidate has to choose English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects to pursue MBBS course.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for MBBS is that the candidate should have passed class 12 examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board of education.

As NIOS is a recognized board of education, the candidate who has obtained degree from NIOS are eligible to appear for MBBS.
6th December 2015, 08:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Physics is part of the medical entrance exam and if you haven't studied it in class 12th then you will not be eligible for the entrance exam. You have to pass with physics, chemistry and biology subjects to become eligible for MBBS entrance exam.

Therefore, you have to pass in physics as a subject then only you will be eligible for admission.
4th March 2016, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

Sir,can I do MBBS from any private college with the help of money ,with out having Physics?
27th June 2016, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

I have nios certificate intermediate 65%score eligible to mbbs course ..plz information
8th May 2017, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, I have passed in 12 class in cbse Board to get admission in MBBS and if I passed 12th from cbse Board with Biology, Chemistry english,hindi and physical education instead of Physics, then am I eligible for MBBS?
9th May 2017, 09:15 PM
EngineerSolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
Which 5 subjects I have to choose through NIOS Board to get admission in MBBS and if I passed 12th from NIOS Board with Biology, Chemistry and Psychology instead of Physics, then am I eligible for MBBS?
No. Maths is not needed but physics, chemistry and biology are needed to get admission to MBBS.

The main logic can be found from the NEET entrance exam pattern which is having physics as a paper though less weight-age.

Also care should be taken to note in the prospectus whether the open school degree is valid or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?