23rd September 2015, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study LLB if completed 10th and 12th from NIOS Board?

Respected Sir/Madam,
Can I get admission in LLB course after completing my 10th and 12th both from NIOS Board? Kindly tell me I can get admission or not. Thank you in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it difficult to study MBBS in Japan if pursue 12th from NIOS Board?
  2. Am I eligible to study B.A.LLB if completed 12th Commerce from NIOS Board?
  3. Can I appear in 12th Science NIOS Board exam now if completed 10th NIOS in this year?
  4. Am I eligible to study B.A.LLB if completed 12th NIOS?
  5. Can I get admission in ILS, Pune to study BA.LLB if completed 12th NIOS?
  6. Can I get admission in IP University to study BCA if study 12th NIOS?
  7. Is NIOS better than CBSE for me? Will I get good job or admission in DU with NIOS marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I get admission to study B.Sc in VNSG University if completed 12th Science from NIOS Board?
  9. Possibility to appear in 12th NIOS for a candidate who has discontinued study 8 years ago?
  10. Can I get admission to study ISC Humanities being a 10th NIOS candidate?
  11. Can I get admission to study in Kashmir University if study 12th from NIOS Board, Noida? Is NIOS Board of Noida recognized?
  12. Can I register for 12th Board exam if completed 11th about 2 years ago?
  13. Can I get admission in IIT through JEE Main and Advanced if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board?
  14. Can I study F.Y.B.Com/T.Y.B.Com/S.Y.B.Com from NIOS if completed 12th YCMOU?
  15. Can I get admission to pursue 10th and 12th to further study LLB if completed 7th being a 28 years old candidate?
  16. Am I eligible to study MBBS if completed 12th PCM from Maharashtra Board and PCB from NIOS Board?
  17. Is NIOS better than Bihar board? What is the value of NIOS Certificate in DU?
  18. Shall I take admission in CBSE after 10th from NIOS or continue with NIOS board? Will I get admission in good college if studied NIOS?
24th September 2015, 08:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study LLB if completed 10th and 12th from NIOS Board?

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is one of the three Central Board of Education other than CBSE and ICSE and hence it's degree is equivalent to degree offered by CBSE or ICSE so it is recognized in almost every field.

Now LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law and it is a bachelor degree course after completing which one heads to become a lawyer.

-- Basically, LLB course is of two types on the basis of duration of course depending upon the educational qualification of the applicant which are as discussed below :-

* One type of LLB course is of three years offered to those who have completed their bachelor's degree course from a recognized university.

* Other type of LLB course is of five years offered to those who have completed their higher secondary school degree from a recognized institute.

-- Also in order to pursue the same course from National Law Universities of India being a 12th passed student you need to clear the Common Law Admission Test ( CLAT ) for which you need to have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree or must be in the final year of same with any stream of your choice from a recognized board of education with at least 50% aggregate. In case you belong to SC/ST or PH category then you are offered a relaxation of 5% aggregate.

* Also you are age must not exceed 20 years. But in case you belong to SC/ST or PH category then it must not exceed 22 years.

For more information regarding the same examination you can log on to the official link of CLAT i.e; www.clat.ac.in.
24th September 2015, 08:55 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study LLB if completed 10th and 12th from NIOS Board?

Yes, you can get admission to study LLB if completed 10th and 12th from NIOS Board.
Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in 12th class from any recognised board. NIOS Board is recognised by HRD department of Indian Government.
24th September 2015, 09:17 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the LLB course after the 10+2 with the NIOS board.

The eligibility to get the admission in the LLB course is :-
* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 from any recognised board.

The other criteria vary for the admission in the different university and the colleges. So you need to visit the university to get the complete details for the admission procedure.The CLAT examination is available for the candidates who want to pursue the course from the India's NLU.

For more details for the CLAT examination visit at the www.clat.ac.in.
24th September 2015, 10:03 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in Bachelor's degree in law if you have done 10+2 from National Institute of Open Schooling. It is recognized board and you need not worry about its validation details.

You must apply for the Common Law Admission Test for LLB courses. For this exam, a candidate must have scored at least 45% marks in 10+2 board exams and the upper age limit is 20 years for general category and 22 years for SC/ST category.

Official website for more details:www.clat.ac.in.
25th September 2015, 12:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,
Can I get admission in LLB course after completing my 10th and 12th both from NIOS Board? Kindly tell me I can get admission or not. Thank you in advance.
Yes, you are eligible for LLB course through CLAT exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible to attend CLAT exam for admission in Under graduate course.

The candidate age should not be more than 20 Years for under graduate course.
Best books for CLAT exam:-

CLAT And LLB Entrance Examination: Study Package
by
A. P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Model Test Papers For CLAT & LL.B
by
A P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2010)

CLAT Common Law Admission Test
by
Mazumdar Rituparna
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2011)
23rd December 2016, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam... I have completed my 10th and 12th from NIOS but I m having problem in getting admission for llb so kindly plz help
18th July 2019, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

I have FINISHED my 10th in NIOS AND I FINISHED MY 12Th in RIOS BOARD SO Am I ELIGIBLE FOR STUDY BA,LLB in regular college and is our tamilnadu bar council accept me for registration as a advocate?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?