29th February 2016, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Can I get a chance to attempt JEE Main & Advanced if failed and reappear in 11th standard being a 17 years old candidate?

Sir,
I am a student of class 11th and now I am going to 12th standard. Due to some family problem and disease, I couldn't study well in class 11th and my concept is not cleared. Also I am failed in class 11th. So I want to study class 11th once again. I will get chance again to attempt for JEE Main and Advanced? Can there be problem in future or with my age. My age is 17 years.

Related Questions:
29th February 2016, 06:05 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a chance to attempt JEE Main & Advanced if failed and reappear in 11th standard being a 17 years old candidate?

No, there is no problem in appearing for JEE examination at 17 years of age. JEE examination is conducted by CBSE and IIT.

Candidate passed or appearing for 10+2 from any recognised board with PCM/PCB as main paper are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you can appear for examination next year. Candidate can appear for three times for JEE Main while only two change to appear for Advance.
29th February 2016, 08:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a chance to attempt JEE Main & Advanced if failed and reappear in 11th standard being a 17 years old candidate?

There will not be any problem for you to appear in JEE Main examination even if you have failed and reappearing in 11th standard final examinations. Candidates who have completed 12th standard in last two years or those who are going to appear in 12th standard examinations this year are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. By qualifying and securing top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main, you are eligible to appear in Advance examination.
29th February 2016, 08:53 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination, it is conducted for admission of candidates in B.tech/B.E/B.Arch courses in government institutes.

Yes, you can appear for examination at the age of 17 years. So now you need to start preparation for examination to qualify in next year examination.

Candidates have only three attempts to appear for Main while two for Advance examination. Candidate have to qualify in Main examination to appear for Advance.
29th February 2016, 09:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You are confused regarding number of attempts.

Clarification regarding number of attempts:

*There are three attempts for JEE Main from year in which you appear for board exams and next two year and for JEE advanced there are two attempts.

You will have to gain strong confidence regarding concepts of different subjects of 10+1 and 2 then only you can crack JEE exam. There will be no problem regarding your age as it is 17 years and upper age limit is 25 years.
29th February 2016, 10:06 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. This exam has two stages Main and Advanced conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. To appear for this exam, you must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Minimum of 50% marks in PCM is required. Strong concepts of PCM subjects in 11th is required to crack for JEE exam

You must first complete your 10+2 studies then appear for JEE exam. There are three consecutive attempts and two attempts for JEE Main and Advanced exam.
29th February 2016, 11:21 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

No, absolutely not, your age is well and good, you should opt for your 11th class examination again, and I am sure you will do well in your examination and can thereafter pursue your studies as usual. You can appear for your entrance entrance examination after completion of your 12th boards.
29th February 2016, 11:27 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, as long as you have completed your 12th boards with science stream with good marks you are very much eligible to appear for JEE(Main and Advanced).

Therefore, you need not worry about whatever has happened till now, you should just complete your studies as of now and move on step by step.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?