1st October 2015, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to reappear in JEE Main to appear in JEE Advanced?

Respected Sir,
I have completed my 12th standard and appeared for JEE Main but not attempted in JEE Advanced. If I will appear for JEE Advanced then again I have to reappear JEE Main?

7th October 2015, 07:02 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to reappear in JEE Main to appear in JEE Advanced?

Yes, you will have reappear in the examination once again if you are not done with JEE Advanced after giving JEE Main Examination. If you have not given JEE Advanced Examination in the same year which you gave your exam in JEE Main, then you are not eligible to utilize the JEE Main Score. I suggest you to appear in the next immediate year's JEE Main Exam and then JEE Advanced Examination. So you are required to be in top 1,50,000 members (in JEE Main) in order to appear in JEE Advanced Examination.
7th October 2015, 09:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you need to reappear in JEE Main examination to be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. To appear in JEE Advanced examination, the candidate must have qualified JEE Main examination and must have secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination and also must have scored at least minimum aggregate of 75% (70% for SC/ST) marks in 12th standard board examinations. Since, you have appeared JEE Main and not attempted JEE Advanced examination, you need to reappear in JEE Main to appear in JEE Advanced examination.
7th October 2015, 10:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I have completed my 12th standard and appeared for JEE Main but not attempted in JEE Advanced. If I will appear for JEE Advanced then again I have to reappear JEE Main?
Yes, you can apply for JEE Main exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Mains exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?