15th February 2016, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I get job in Government sector being an NIOS student?

Respected Sir,
I am doing my 12th from NIOS Board. But I am interested to join Government services. So, I would like to know that I can get job in Government sector as I belong to NIOS?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do to get job being an NIOS student?
  2. Am I eligible to get a government job if I have completed 12th from NIOS board?
  3. How to get a job in government sector? I am a student of M.Pharmacy
  4. What should I prefer between private sector and government sector jobs? What are the job opportunities in government sector for BA student?
  5. Is NIOS board government recognized? Will I get a job in government job after passing 12th from NIOS board? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Which one is better between job in private sector as Engineer with MBA degree or job in government sector where pay is more?
  7. Information regarding Job Opportunities for me in Government sector being a candidate having scored 56% in 10+2?
  8. Job in government sector or private sector after GNM in private?
  9. Details of part time job in government sector for EEE student?
  10. Is it Possible to Get a Job in Government Sector After MBA in Marketing?
  11. How can I get job in Government sector being a B.Tech(ECE) student?
  12. Can I do a job in any government sector after completing Hospitality and Tourism Management Course from Singapore?
  13. Is there any job opportunity in govt sector for B.Sc Biotech student?
  14. How to get a government job in IT sector?
  15. Job in government field after passing 12th with 57% from NIOS?
  16. Can Kerela Government debar students with the secondary certificate of NIOS from their board of higher secondary?
  17. Job opportunities in Government sector for BCA student?
  18. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
15th February 2016, 09:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in Government sector being an NIOS student?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for government jobs examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for final recruitment for job.

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open School and it is a recognised board so candidates after pursuing 10+2 are eligible to appear for any entrance examination conducted for admission or selection in government jobs.

The entrance examination conducted after 10+2 to appear for government jobs is :-

SSC CHSLE.

IB.

NDA.
15th February 2016, 09:40 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes you can get a Government job as it is not a problem that you belong to the NIOS Board.
NIOS is a recognized Board and it is not a problem that you belong to the NIOS Board.
You need to appear for the Entrance Examinations of the Government jobs and once you can clear those Examinations you will be eligible for a government job.
15th February 2016, 10:17 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Yes, you can surely get government jobs after completion of your 12th board from NIOS, there is no such problem in it. You can fill up government examination forms and after clearing the examination, you will be very much eligible for the job post.
15th February 2016, 10:20 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed 10+2 from any recognised board as per Indian Law are eligible to appear in entrance examination and after qualifying in examination for final selection.

So, you are eligible to appear for entrance examination for recruitment in jobs after pursuing 10+2 from NIOS.

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and is recognised by MHRD of India.
15th February 2016, 10:20 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can be a government employee in any sector you wish, you just have to fulfill the eligibility requirements for that post. However, completing 12th from NIOS will not be an issue as NIOS is also a recognized board and is accepted widely. So, you need not worry about it and just prepare for government services and I am sure you will avail one.
15th February 2016, 11:02 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Board does not matter as NIOS is also a recognized board. It has also same value as other boards. You are eligible for government sector jobs.
15th February 2016, 11:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I am doing my 12th from NIOS Board. But I am interested to join Government services. So, I would like to know that I can get job in Government sector as I belong to NIOS?
Yes, NIOS students are eligible for government sector jobs like Indian Railway in Group D post.

Eligibility criteria for Group D post:-

1) Those candidates who have completed 10th standard from recognized board are eligible for Railway Group D post.

2) Your minimum age should be 18 years.
15th February 2016, 11:09 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NIOS stands for National Institute Open Schooling. NIOS certificates are recognized for each and every government job. So, you must not take tension about its validity.

You can get government job by cracking various exams like Intelligence Bureau Security Assistant Exam. Other exam at 10+2 level is SSC CHSL examination.
15th February 2016, 11:37 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, certificate and degree from any recognised university or board are eligible to appear for entrance examination conducted for recruitment in government jobs.

So, NIOS certificate is also valid for getting government jobs. Therefore you can appear and after qualify in entrance examination you are eligible to get government jobs.
15th February 2016, 11:40 PM
kantraman

No doubt you can get job either you are completing your 12th from NIOS.As NIOS is given equal status like other.But for getting govt.job it is essential to have required percentage of NIOS student in all classes which is made essential to appear in any type of exam by any commission.
15th February 2016, 11:43 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. This is a central government recognized board for 10th and 10+2 board examinations. You will be eligible for higher education as well as for various government job entrance exams. At 10+2 level there are very less exams for which you can apply like SSC CHSL, Indian Coast Guard exam etc.

Once you complete your bachelor's degree, you will be eligible for various exams.
15th February 2016, 11:49 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

National Institute of Open Schooling is a Central government board.

This board has recognition for 10th and 10+2 studies.

You can apply for government sector job after 10+2 from NIOS board.
16th February 2016, 12:03 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, sure you will get government job being a NIOS student. NIOS has same value as that of any other schooling. So feel free to apply if any opportunity there. There will not any limitation or preference of other schooling over NIOS.
But you have to complete your graduation first for getting a good job in government sector.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?