24th May 2016, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Air Force if completed 10th from CBSE and 12th from NIOS Board?

Dear Sir,
I have passed 10th from CBSE Board and 12th from NIOS Board. Can I join Indian Air Force? Please reply as soon as possible. Waiting for your reply!

25th May 2016, 12:03 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force if completed 10th from CBSE and 12th from NIOS Board?

Yes, candidate passed 10+2 from any recognised board are eligible to appear for NDA examination.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in defence services.

The eligibility to appear for recruitment in Air Force examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board with PCM as main paper. The age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
25th May 2016, 07:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force if completed 10th from CBSE and 12th from NIOS Board?

Yes, why not, you can apply for National Defence Academy examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year. For this examination, candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 board exams. National Institute of Open Schooling is a recognized board.

For Indian Air Force, you must have studied Physics and Mathematics in 10+2. The other eligibility criteria is that you must be between 16.5-19.5 years. You should be unmarried male Indian citizen.

There are two stages of NDA examination. First stage is written test which consists of question from subjects like Mathematics, English, General Science and General Knowledge etc. If you qualify written test, you will have to appear for Service Selection Board.
25th May 2016, 08:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

As far as government jobs are concerned there isn't any problem with NIOS qualification. NIOS candidates are definitely eligible for any government jobs but selection will be on the basis of merit only.

Hence, be prepared for written exam and physical fitness test. No need to worry about your qualification which is acceptable according to eligibility criteria.
25th May 2016, 08:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I have passed 10th from CBSE Board and 12th from NIOS Board. Can I join Indian Air Force? Please reply as soon as possible. Waiting for your reply!
You have passed 12th standard from NIOS board, so you are eligible for Indian Air Force exam through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years.
25th May 2016, 09:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join in Indian Air Force after completion of your 12th standard from NIOS Board. As NIOS Board is a recognised board, being a 12th standard passsed student from NIOS Board, you are eligible to join in Indian Air Force.

To join in Indian Air Force, you must have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years of age.

3. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?