4th March 2015, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in 12th NIOS Board exam without appearing in 11th standard? Is NIOS a recognized Board?

Hello Sir,
I am thinking to give 12th Board exam
by NIOS. So, please tell me that NIOS is recognized
Board or not? And I haven't studied 11th so I am
eligible for 12th Board exam?

Related Questions:
5th March 2015, 03:57 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in 12th NIOS Board exam without appearing in 11th standard? Is NIOS a recognized Board?

No, you cannot appear for NIOS 12th standard exam , if you have not completed your 11th standard. That's because even NIOS affiliated schools offer admission in 12th standard, only if you have completed your 11th standard. So, first you should complete your 11th standard to appear for 12th standard exams.
Moreover, NIOS is a autonomous organisation, which was established in November,1989 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD).
5th March 2015, 07:13 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in 12th NIOS Board exam without appearing in 11th standard? Is NIOS a recognized Board?

NIOS stands for National institute of open schooling which offers general and academic courses at secondary and senior secondary level.

* Yes, you can appear for class 12 directly without appearing for class 11.

* You have to choose and successfully complete the five subjects with at least one language or at most two languages, which is compulsory for certification.

* To appear for senior secondary course, the candidate must have passed the secondary course from a recognized board.

* The minimum age to take admission for class 12 is 15 years as on 31st, July of the year of the admission.

* NIOS certificates are valid, recognized and at par with the other National and state board of educations.
8th April 2016, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

I have failed in 11th Standerd exam 2016 from CBSE bord with PCM group . can I appear in NIOS 12th exam 2017 with arts subject ? If yes , how ? Pleas tell , [email protected]
28th May 2017, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

I do not understand why the books take a very long time to come in NIOS....sometimes the exams are just beginning and the books come in only then...this makes it very difficult..
31st May 2017, 07:08 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have failed in 11th Standerd exam 2016 from CBSE bord with PCM group . can I appear in NIOS 12th exam 2017 with arts subject ? If yes , how ? Pleas tell , [email protected]
NIOS stands for National Institute for Open Schooling programme.
Yes, you can get directly admission in 12th standard.
Just go and meet the officials at admission desk and ask required documents to get admission in 12th standard with arts stream.
You can look log on to it's official site and get further information regarding important dates, results, admission or any type of notification.
Www.nios.ac.in
Thanks.
18th April 2018, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

I have failed in 11th class with PCM stream year 2017-18 from ISC board . Can i appear for 12th board in year 2018-19 in PCM ?
18th April 2018, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

I have failed in class 11th year 2017-18 with PCM stream from ISC board . Can i appear for upcoming 12th class board exams in April 2019 ?
27th December 2020, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

I secured improvement marks in 4 subjects of higher secondary from state open schooling board Assam,,, can I appear at remaining 1 subject from nios?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?