15th April 2015, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I make my son to repeat 4th standard in Oman, Sohar and send back to India to continue 5th standard?

Since last one year i have been work in oman, sohar region. now i took my family here for stay with me. my son was completed his 4th std. in india, CBSE school. before one week he attended sohar indian school entrance test. but unfortunately he got very low marks compared to other child. so school decide to continue 4th std. instead of putting in to 5th std.

my son birth date is 20/11/2004.

so what is your opinion can i accept or sent back to my son in india.?

Related Questions:
16th April 2015, 12:34 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I make my son to repeat 4th standard in Oman, Sohar and send back to India to continue 5th standard?

Its good if you make him repeat one more year in the school itself, as it is he is not getting admission in class 4 in the same school,.

In my opinion if you want your son to be with you, then should make your child study in class 4 once again and support him a bit in his studies so that he scores well and gets himself promoted this year.

However, even if you send him back it would be better if you put him in the same class as he is currently not fit to get promoted in 5th standard.
16th April 2015, 01:56 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I make my son to repeat 4th standard in Oman, Sohar and send back to India to continue 5th standard?

It totally depends on you if you can send him to India it is best option then putting him in 4th standard again don't waste a valuable year of your son
I would like to suggests you try in any other school may be your son got admission in 5th standard in sohar or send him back to India if your son is comfortable without you and family if he is not comfortable in India then put him in 4th standard again
16th April 2015, 10:45 AM
MECHANICAL POWER

According to me you must see another school for your son to get admission in 5th standard that may be in sohar or India.
As your son was born on 20/11/2004,now he must be in 5th standard.
As your son is week in knowledge, you must give special coaching to your son to improve his performance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?