3rd February 2015, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Rules and regulations for admission in CBSE school through Transfer Certificate?

Hello
My son is 9 years old. He has through put been studying in CBSE school and has also done well in exams. THis year he completed 3rd std and has been successfully been promoted to 4th std. We have been transfered to bangalore and one of the goods schools are refusing to admit him in 4th std stating that his age is not appropriate for 4th and he should repeat 3rd std.
My question can the school object to his admission in 4th std when I am producing the result of successful completion and a TC from CBSE school itself. Should I make him repeat 3rd std.
I would like to know what is the CBSE rule..

4th February 2015, 05:21 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Rules and regulations for admission in CBSE school through Transfer Certificate?

As per CBSE rules, a child's age must be between 8 years to 10 years to get admission in 4th standard. So, your child is definitely eligible to get admission in 4th standard. You can download the following attachment, which is a proof of age limit required to get admission in 4th standard as per CBSE rules. If the school even refuses to provide admission, after seeing the attachment copy, then you can try for admission at any other school.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Age limit.jpg
Views:	1816
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	177202  
4th February 2015, 05:56 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Rules and regulations for admission in CBSE school through Transfer Certificate?

Yes, the school can very much object to the admission of your child in class 4, as your child is 9 years of age.

According to the CBSE rules a candidate should be of minimum 10 years old to be able to get admission in class IV. As the minimum age criteria for appearing in board examination is 15 years.

Therefore, it is advisable to you that ask you son to repeat one more year in school, by this way there be no year lack also and his education base will also get stronger. Meanwhile you can even ask him to go through class IV syllabus.
23rd April 2016, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Students leaving the school they not give one month's notice writing before the withdrawl because his personal reason or else fee for next term charged
17th November 2016, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

My Son is Studying in 11th Sc in State board pattern, but now I wish to transfer him in CBSE pattern , Can it be possible , What is the procedure for transferring the student from state board to CBSE board ,
17th April 2017, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Is there any reservation for admission in Class- I in case of transfer of parents working in central Government job.
19th April 2017, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

Is Transfer Certificate mandatory to get admission in another school for grade 3 as per CBSE rules? I am able to produce Pass certificate and attendance information copy.
10th June 2017, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

It is private cbse school. My children studied There. Upto april they are went to school. I applied for get transfer certificate on april. But now they where asked first term fees for this current year2017-2018.what will i do? Please give suggestion
16th June 2017, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

My son is in IIIrd standard...I had applied for his TC from school as I was to be transferred to another city..but now things have changed and I do not have to go to the new place..can I cancel the application for my son's TC?
21st March 2018, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

My son is in 2nd class now I want to change his school CBSE TO CBSE .i apply for Transfer Certificate but school authority said they give the TC in one condition you submit the fee of April month.
Because they given the notification apply for TC before 15 of Match.

So my query is that transfer certificate given by the school before 15th of March is there any guidelines by CBSE . KINDLY REPLY ASAP
25th March 2018, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

My daughter is studying in Class 3 in Nelamangala near Bangalore in a CBSE school. As I have moved to abroad and planned to shift my daughter to my native place Pollachi in Tamil nadu so I had submitted an application to issue TC for my daughter in the month of Feb-18 with her current school but the current school principal is saying that transfer certificate will be issued only on the condition that we should bring an admission letter or a NOC from the new school. But it is difficult for my wife to travel alone with my kids to Pollachi and bring it back to Nelamangala ..if the school principal issues the TC before we shift it will be helpful for us but she is not cooperating and telling that rule is to be followed that TC has to be issued after receipt of NOC and it can be done only on online no hard copy to be given to parents...is that true sir
28th March 2018, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Is there is any rule of cbse that while we give our documents for admission, if the past school is not affiliated then the marksheet must be sent from its another branch which is affiliated and the transfer certificate is also should be sent from the affiliated school?
3rd April 2019, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

My brother was in private school now we want to change his school and admissions are open in april and now his previous school teacher is saying we have pay the fees of the April then only they will give us the transfer certificate
Is that the rule?
If not what can we do??
7th April 2019, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

My son is in 3rd and daughter in 2nd class now I want to change their school CBSE TO CBSE due to transfer .i apply for Transfer Certificate but school authority said they give the TC in one condition you submit the Term Fee of both children i.e. Rs. 9000 9000 each - Rs. 18000/-.
Because they given the notification apply for TC before 15 of Match.

So my query is that transfer certificate given by the school before 15th of March is there any guidelines by CBSE . KINDLY REPLY ASAP
1st January 2020, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

My daughter and studied in canada in 4th and 5th standard.now I want to join them in india school .
Do they require transfer certificate or not
25th August 2020, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

My daughter has completed her 10th from a private school this year(2020) and now she has taken the admission in the same school and paid the amount they asked for. Now they're asking for more money n they're saying that the payment you made is considered to be the half admission you'll have to pay certain amount to ensure your Ward's admission. Now, We've submitted the application letter for TC from that school but they're denying to give the TC n are saying that we've taken the provisional admission so TC can't be given. My question is, is it in the cbse guidelines that TC can't be given after the provisional admission? Also, what's the refundable amount we'll be getting as per the cbse guidelines? PLEASE HELP. IT'S URGENT.
2nd September 2020, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I get my child's TC from a CBSE School without paying the monthly tuition fees?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?