26th December 2015, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Can i study Astro Physics after doing 12th with PCM stream?

I have lot of interest in astro physics. I want to pursue this course after my 12th. I am doing 12th from pcm stream. Please guide.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do post graduation course in Astro Physics after completion of graduation in physics? What is the future scope of Astro physics?
  2. ISRO entrance test?
  3. Criteria for joining integrated phd (astro physics)? Colleges for integrated phd (astro physics) in Bangalore?
  4. What should I choose among Electronics, Applied Physics, Astro-Physics, Geophysics and core Physics for M.Sc after completing B.Sc(Physics)?
  5. What should I study in B.Sc after completing 12th PCM?
  6. How to make a career in Astrophysics?
  7. How to get into space engineering?
  8. What are the job opportunities after completion of Astro Physics post graduation course? Which college to apply for?
  9. In which college of Delhi University I will get admission to study B.Sc(Physics) if secured 91.66% in 12th PCM?
  10. Universities offering BSc Astro Physics in Tamilnadu?
  11. Universities teaching PG degree in Astrophysics?
  12. Is it possible to do 12th from Biology stream after completing 12th from PCM?
  13. Details of JST exam? After B.Tech Electrical and Electronics stream can I appear for this exam? Syllabus of the exam and the books to be referred?
  14. Top universities which are teaching PG degree in Astrophysics? Could I get admission in ISRO as Astro Scientist?
  15. Required Qualification to join Aeronautical Engineering? How should I approach for this? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Best colleges in abroad to study Physics Honours after scoring 89% in 12th?
  17. Courses related to Space-Technology/Astrophysics/Aerospace? Colleges and Entrance Exams?
  18. Which publications of Books I need to prepare for Chemistry and Physics being a candidate of 12th class with PCM? How to study well 2 months being weak in these subjects?
26th December 2015, 10:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i study Astro Physics after doing 12th with PCM stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have lot of interest in astro physics. I want to pursue this course after my 12th. I am doing 12th from pcm stream. Please guide.
You have completed 12th standard with PCM so you are eligible for B.Sc course in Astrophysics.

But your age should be above 16 years.

You can get admission in B.Sc in Astrophysics through your 12th standard marks.
27th December 2015, 08:35 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidate can study Astro Physics after passing 12th with PCM stream.

Eligibility :
  • Candidate must have passed 12th from any recognised board with Physics and Mathematics as one of the main subjects.
  • Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks.
  • Age of candidate must be from 17 to 24 years.
  • Course duration is of 3 years.
27th December 2015, 10:39 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can pursue BSc In Astrophysics Degree but for that you have to fulfil the eligibility criteria.

A candidate must have done 12th with physics, chemistry, maths .
27th December 2015, 04:19 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue Astrophysics course.

The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for Astrophysics course is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination from a recognized board of education with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects.

After completion of class 12 examination with PCM stream, you have to pursue B.Sc in astrophysics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?