25th August 2017, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

Can I study CA, if my maths is not good?

Hi, I am Umesh Bharwad. I am completed my 10th but I am getting nervous for my studies-,actually I want to take CA, but my maths is not so good. So, can I go towards the commerce line? Would it really helpful for me in commerce field and can it will helpful for me.

Related Questions:
  1. How should I study for Maths and how to concentrate on studies?
  2. What should I do to study Ph.D in maths after M.Sc in maths with 54%? Am I eligible to study Ph.D with 54% in maths in PG?
  3. What should I do to improve Mathematics? Subjects to take in 11th standard?
  4. Biology with maths or Computer science with Maths: better option after 10th with good skills in Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Good Books to prepare for GATE Exam for Mathematics? Can a M.Sc Maths candidate get good job in MNC? Number of seats in IITs for M.Sc Maths candidates? How many marks should be scored to get admission in IITs for M.Tech Maths?
  6. Best colleges in India to study maths
  7. Is it necessary to score good marks in 12th Maths to study Medical? Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th to study Medical?
  8. List of good reference books for Maths Olympiad? Previous years question papers and study material?
  9. Am I eligible for MCA after graduating in BSc Medical?
  10. Can I study CA, if my maths is not good?
  11. Which Maths based professional courses should i study after 10th?
  12. Is it possible to do PG course in Animation having completed B.Sc. Maths? Good Animation Institutes for PG course?
  13. Whether B.Sc. (Maths) is a good qualification to become a Custom Officer or not?
  14. Am I eligible to do MCA course in abroad after completion of B.Sc Maths with 55% marks?
  15. Can I prepare for Bank jobs if I am bad in Maths and Reasoning?
  16. How can I study abroad after completing 10th standard in India if I am good at Maths, Science and English?
  17. Is it possible to study Maths in MCom without studying in BCom? -- [New]
  18. How can I apply for TANCET to study MCA if haven't studied Maths in 12th?
25th August 2017, 08:37 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I study CA, if my maths is not good?

You can study CA but you need to practice mathematics on daily basis to improve your mathematics. All the examinations of the CA like CPT, IPCC and CA Final consists of Mathematics and Accounting, so you need to be good at mathematics and accounting. Since the first exam CA CPT is taken by the candidates after qualifying 12th standard, so you have 2 years of time as you have just completed 10th standard.
You should choose Commerce at you higher secondary level as it will help you in studying and understanding Accounting and business mathematics.
Nothing is impossible for a willing mind, all you need is strong wil, dedication and hard work.
25th August 2017, 12:14 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You do not need to be good in mathematics to do according.

Accountancy has not real math concept that is involved apart from maybe addition and subtraction- both of which a calculator can do for you.

The rules to accountancy is a lot more than that- A kind of logical reasoning that needs no real maths concept- Trust me, you'd never use calculus, trigonometry, geometry or algebra in accountancy.
25th August 2017, 12:36 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Mathematics may not be as much needed when you pursue your CA course but once when you are done with CA and you want to join some feel like investment banking, stock market, portfolio manager, financial analyst etc. You will understand the tire importance of Advanced maths. One thing I want to say to each and every one person CA please do not study just to pass, do not mug up t concepts, understand them can practically apply them in life. You need to make your math strong as well as you should have command on this subject because this is the basic.
25th August 2017, 04:41 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can opt for Commerce field after the completion of class 10th.
Since you want to pursue CA course, you must have to complete you class 12th studying Commerce in it.
You can either apply for CA course after the completion of class 12th or you can opt for the same after the completion of Graduation course. Candidates those who pursue CA course after the completion of Graduation, they can directly start from the IPCC level skipping the first stage of CPT part.
So, better you should work hard on your Mathematics to opt for the CA course.
25th August 2017, 05:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You should go according to your interest. If you have interest in commerce, then definitely go for it. Maths is not required at most of the schools for commerce stream.

If you are not good at maths, leave it and take commerce without maths. CA is mostly related to commerce field and there is some of maths, which you can manage with practice.
25th August 2017, 06:49 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Mathematics is not so much important to pursue CA course but yes after completion of your CA course you will have lot of problems which will be tackled only if you are good at maths and your calculations are good. First of the most basic maths is needed each and everywhere in life. Once you are done with see and you want to join some field like investment banking, stock market, portfolio manager, financial analyst etc you will understand the importance of the advanced maths.
25th August 2017, 06:52 PM
Thexpert
Banned

You can't study CA if you are not good in mathematics. Mathematics is one of the main subject in CA. You can only crack CA exams, if you have good concept in mathematics and accounting, so better join tuition for mathematics to improve your performance on that subject. Yes you can choose commerce stream, it will also help you learning accounting and mathematics.
21st May 2019, 04:16 PM
Yo yo king
Junior Member+

Yes, why not. CA doesn't require much mathematics and statistics otherwise than at the foundation level that too a bit of it. Once you clear the entrance exam and enter into the course, the calculator will become your best friend and mathematics except the basic calculations and a small touch of algebra, will not trouble you anywhere. You need to have analytical and decision making skills, which obviously , many may not have from the beggining but gradually we develop that as the curriculum is based on such premises.

To conclude, basic operations and little bit of algebra and finance maths is sufficient to enter and also successfully complete CA provided you satisfy all other requirements as needed by ICAI.
22nd May 2019, 02:02 PM
Rahimaan

If you are a Non Maths student then also you can pursue this course. However, it is quite easy for the maths students to clear the CA Foundation in comparison to the Non-Maths students but the further journey will have the same challenges for both Maths and Non-Maths students.

This doesn’t mean that for the further levels i.e. CA Intermediate and CA Final you will not going to face any practical subjects. Beside the Accounts, Finance and Cost will always be the core subjects under the Chartered Accountancy course where a lot of challenging sums are welcoming you.
12th July 2021, 09:40 PM
Singhskomal

To become a C.A. ( chartered accountant) you must be 12th in any stream with recognized University.
C.A. is not only mathematics based...Accountancy is main subjects of C.A.
After 12th you can apply for C.A. - Foundation (CPT) entrance exam for C.A.
Intermediate (IPCC)
Final (professional)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?