7th February 2017, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Which category should I select, if I am a SBC category candidate?

Sir I am a SBC caste student and I want to give JEE main. So, there is no option for SBC student. They have only general, OBC, SC, ST and PWD category. What should I do?

7th February 2017, 09:27 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which category should I select, if I am a SBC category candidate?

SBC fall under reserved category. If there is no option for selecting SBC then you have to contact the JEE members by sending a mail to their official mail id which is [email protected] stating your matter and they will provide you the better option.
7th February 2017, 10:06 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since SBC category is not mentioned there, you must apply as a General candidate.
You must select General candidate option to apply for JEE examinations.
Hope this will help you.
8th February 2017, 12:14 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I am a SBC caste student and I want to give JEE main. So, there is no option for SBC student. They have only general, OBC, SC, ST and PWD category. What should I do?
SBC is an abbreviated form of Special Backward Class. Which generally contains caste like Banjara, baladia, gadia-lohar, labana, raika, gujar etc.
Yes. There is no SBC Category available in JEE mains examination still you can apply under the OBC section.
Thanks.
8th February 2017, 06:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If it is SBC caste, then it will come under OBC category, if your caste comes under central government list. Just make sure that your caste come under central list.

You have to select OBC category and format for caste certificate if different, which will be provided in the notification.
8th February 2017, 06:57 PM
eSolution
Junior Member+

If you belongs to State Backward Class(SBC) then you can apply as a OBC category for your JEE Exam. Also make sure that your caste is listed in the Central government. If it is not listed there then you belongs to the OBC category for your state only. Please verify your caste before filling the form of Joint Entrance Exam. For you, the list of backward class should be in the obc website.
9th May 2018, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

Does special backward caste comes under sc or obc ? Because while filling IMU cet form I got only 3 options general,obc , sc and st so i am confused if special backward caste (SBC) comes under sc or obc answer this asap thks..
17th September 2018, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

For SSC examination there is no SBC caste option ? So which caste we have to select?
6th November 2018, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a SBC caste student and I want to give SNAP exam. So, there is no option for SBC student. They have only general, OBC, SC, ST and PWD category. What should I do?
17th March 2019, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

my father belong to st caste but they leave the all facility and right for that cast and change the cast to koli which belong to sbc now i am belong to which caste can i get certificate for st .
1st September 2019, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir, my caste certificate is uttar pradesh belongs to the obc caste but in maharashtra which caste I am belong. Please ask my question answer
Thank you sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?