25th August 2017, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

Is open schooling class 12th valid or not?

I have passed 12th from institute schooling from UP, Lucknow. I want to take admission in Jharkhand government college for graduation. Please reply me. This degree given by the open school is valid or not valid?

25th August 2017, 09:41 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is open schooling class 12th valid or not?

Since you haven't mentioned the specific name of your Open Schooling board, so it is difficult for me to provide you with the exact answer.
If it is approved and recognized by the Ministry of Human Recourse Development, Government of India, then the degree/certificate given by the board is valid and there will be no problem in future in getting admission into government college for graduation.
A candidate who have complete 12th standard from any recognized open Board is eligible for admission into government colleges.
25th August 2017, 12:13 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

If the school/college that you have pursued 12th Class is recognized by your state higher secondary board or else by the central recognized boards the I am very sure that you will be eligible to pursue Graduation.

On the other side, it your 12th College is not recognized by the state or central university then that 12th Course is not valid.

As you have not mentioned the college, I cannot exactly say. But I suggest you to gather information about the college or school that you have pursued 12th Class.

So, whether your 12th Class is valid or not basically depends upon the college that you have pursued in. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is 12th Class for doing Graduation.
25th August 2017, 12:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Actually open schools are also affiliated to either CBSE board or all the ICSE board on even State Board. So your Open School Board certificate is also valid. But let me tell you that all open schooling certificates are not valid so before that make sure.
25th August 2017, 01:07 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed 12th from institute schooling from UP, Lucknow. I want to take admission in Jharkhand government college for graduation. Please reply me. This degree given by the open school is valid or not valid?

Yes, open schooling class 12th is valid for higher education and jobs. The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is valid for higher studies like any other boards in India like CBSE, State Board etc. Students after completion of 12th from open schooling can pursue his/her education. They can apply for taking admission in various colleges. Admission to the courses are done through an entrance examination in some colleges/universities. Students can pursue degree in regular or distance mode also.
25th August 2017, 05:30 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am glad to inform you that candidates those passed their class 12th from any of the Open Schooling are very much eligible to opt for higher studies.
According to the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, the Open Schools of UP are recognized as an autonomous organisation. So, there must not be any problem for higher studies after passing from there.
25th August 2017, 05:47 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

If you have appeared for board examination with open school and passed the examination then you are eligible for admission in higher courses.

Candidates passed 12th from a recognised board, whether open or regular are eligible for admission in higher courses.

Open school is valid for recruitment in jobs and studies.
25th August 2017, 05:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got qualification from a recognized open school, then surely it will be valid for further studies in India and even for government jobs. There is no issue with it, if you want admission in UGC recognized university.

Just make sure you fulfill all the other criteria for admission. NIOS qualification is definitely valid for degree course.
25th August 2017, 06:29 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Yes, one who has completed 12th standard from NIOS board that stands for National Institute of Open Schooling is valid. Aspirants with this certificate are eligible to pursue whatever the course they are interested. It is very much eligible as same as another boards.
25th August 2017, 07:06 PM
Thexpert
Banned

Yes, open schooling degree is valid as because open schooling Board are recognised by the ministry of HRD government of India. So, there will be no problem in the future for further studies.
Also, you can take admission in government college of Jharkhand on the basis of that degree.
25th August 2017, 08:32 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Your degree is valid or not its totally depends upon the college or university from where you have passed your class 12th exam.
Open schooling is valid but it should be recognized.

Your degree is valid if you have passed your class 12th from a recognized open school university. You will get admission in government college.
For getting admission you will need following documents-
Transfer certificate.
Mark sheet of class 12th.
Migration certificate.
1st September 2019, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Do haryana council of open school.is recognised for Dpharm course in Karnataka?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?