31st October 2015, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

Is economics a necessary subject to study B.Com in future?

I am a student of class eleventh in an isc board schools and my subjects are maths, computers, accounts, commerce and english. I want to know that economics is necessary for getting admission in b.com? I have not taken economics.

31st October 2015, 11:12 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is economics a necessary subject to study B.Com in future?

Actually no for admission in b.com you have to give a entrance test. Different universities conduct their own entrance for students who want to get admission in b.com.

Mostly syllabus for entrance exam is from subjects like :-
Mathematics, Business Studies, English, Accounts etc.

So you just concentrate on your studies and try to score more marks in 12th standard because your 12th score is most important for your future.
31st October 2015, 11:52 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Actually it depends on the course you want enter into after 12th with commerce stream.

It is not so important as other subjects you have choose, so now you have choose that course only which doesn't need economics knowledge.
2nd November 2015, 03:06 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, economics is not at all necessary for you to get admission in B.Com course, you can get admission to various colleges without having studied Economics at their +2 level.

However, you might face certain problems in getting admission as colleges first prefer those candidates with Economics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?