27th May 2018, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in 10th Board exam from Open Schooling for 13 years old candidate?

Hello, my son is studying in 8th standard from PSEB Board. He is only 13 years of age and now he wants to appear the Board exam from Open Schooling in this year of 10th standard. So, is he eligible to appear the Board exam in this case?

22nd June 2018, 05:23 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in 10th Board exam from Open Schooling for 13 years old candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, my son is studying in 8th standard from PSEB Board. He is only 13 years of age and now he wants to appear the Board exam from Open Schooling in this year of 10th standard. So, is he eligible to appear the Board exam in this case?

Those students who have passed Class VIII and have a valid proof of attaining 14 years of age are eligible to apply for the NIOS Secondary Course (equivalent to Class X). Those who give a self certificate stating that “I have studied and able to pursue the Secondary Course” are also eligible for the admission. Therefore, a student with 13 years of age has to wait for one more year to study Secondary Course through NIOS. Students can find the details in the NIOS website link given Click Here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?