28th May 2018, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in JEE Main and Advanced for 12th BHSE student?

Respected Sir, I have given my Board exam of 12th standard from Board of Higher Secondary Education, BHSE Delhi. I want to appear in JEE Main and Advanced. But I have heard that with this Board, I am not been eligible to appear this entrance exam. So, I would like to know my eligibility.

31st May 2018, 11:58 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in JEE Main and Advanced for 12th BHSE student?

JEE is Joint Entrance Examination is conducted for admission in engineering course.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination.

Candidates after qualifying in Main examination are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced if aggregate in board examination is in top 20 percentile.

For detail information about JEE Main visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
31st May 2018, 12:25 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in JEE Main and Advanced for 12th BHSE student?

First of all there is no restriction on you to appear in JEE Mains and Advanced just because of BHSE Board. Candidate from any recognized board can appear in JEE Mains and Advanced exams if he/she fulfill following criteria.

Eligibility to appear in JEE Main and Advanced 2018 for 12th BHSE student :
  1. Candiate must have passed 12th board from any recognized board ike CBSE, ICSE, State Boards etc. Candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as primary subjects in 12th class.
  2. Candidate must be born on or after 1st October, 1993. Relaxation of 5 years is also provided to the candidates of SC/ST and PWD candidates.
  3. Candidate must have passed 12th class in 2016 or 2017. Candidates appearing in 2018 can also apply for JEE Mains and Advanced 2018. Candidate who have passed 12th before 2016 are not eligible.
  4. Candidate can appear thrice in JEE Mains and twice in JEE Advanced.
  5. Candidate who have qualified JEE Mains and secure rank in top 2,24,000 can appear in JEE Advanced.
  6. For JEE Advanced, candidate must have secured 75% marks in 12th standard or be in top 20 percentile in respective board exam. Relaxation of 10% is also there for SC/ST and PWD candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?