15th January 2016, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in JEE Advanced this year if appeared in JEE Main last year?

Sir,
I have passed my 12th Board exam and appeared in JEE Main last year but haven't appeared in JEE Advanced. Now I have dropped a year and want to appear in JEE Advanced. The question is, I can appear in JEE Advanced without giving JEE Main this time?

16th January 2016, 02:14 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Advanced this year if appeared in JEE Main last year?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for JEE Advance examination this year if you qualify in JEE Main examination.

But, this will be your last chance to appear for Advanced examination as maximum attempt to appear for JEE Advanced examination is twice where as you can appear for Main in next year also.

JEE Main examination is conducted by CBSE while Advanced examination is conducted by IIT.
16th January 2016, 06:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Advanced this year if appeared in JEE Main last year?

You have to appear for JEE Main again this year and qualify for Advanced stage then only you will be eligible for it.

There is no such rule that previous year JEE Main qualified candidates will be allowed for advanced stage next year.
16th January 2016, 09:21 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot appear in JEE Advanced examination without appearing in JEE Main examination. Only candidates who have appeared, qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. Since, you have appeared JEE Main examination last year and not appeared in JEE Advanced examination, if you wish to appear in JEE Advanced examination this year, once again you need to appear, qualify and secure top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination.
16th January 2016, 09:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have passed my 12th Board exam and appeared in JEE Main last year but haven't appeared in JEE Advanced. Now I have dropped a year and want to appear in JEE Advanced. The question is, I can appear in JEE Advanced without giving JEE Main this time?
No, without JEE Main exam, you are not eligible to give JEE Advanced exam.

Candidates who have secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
14th June 2019, 02:00 PM
Deepanshu3010

You can appear for JEE advanced only if you qualify JEE mains held in the same
year.

As this is your last year to apply for JEE advanced so prepare well as the toughness
is very high than the JEE mains.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?