10th December 2014, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join NDA on 10th basis for Polytechnic student?

sir,
I have passed the 10th examination and
now I am doing polytechnic.
I have not done or appearing for 12th .
so can I join the NDA on the basis of 10th ?

11th December 2014, 06:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join NDA on 10th basis for Polytechnic student?

No, you cannot join in National Defence Academy (NDA) on the basis of 10th standard. To join in National Defence Academy (NDA), you need to appear for NDA entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the age of 16 1/2 years and must have not attained the age of 19 years.

3. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent in any stream from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

By satisfying all the above mentioned conditions, you are eligible to appear for NDA examination. Since, you have not completed 12th standard from a recognised board, you are not eligible to appear for NDA examination.
11th December 2014, 10:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
After completion of diploma, you can apply for NDA exam.

National defence academy is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year to recruit the candidates in Army, Navy & Air Force wings of National Defence Academy.

Candidate who have completed 12th standard are eligible for NDA Exam.

If your 12th standard subjects are physics and mathematics then you are eligible for Naval academy exam through NDA exam.

The candidate age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidate. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. You must be an Indian citizen.

To get more information about NDA exam, you can visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th December 2014, 04:07 AM
soumyasecret

No, you cannot join NDA based on 10th standard performance. But you can apply for it after your Diploma. But you will be having 1 chance for applying for the NDA exam as the age limit is between 16 1/2 -19 years.

For 2015 admissions registration will be opened from 27th December and the last date of submission is 23rd January. Exam will be held on 19th April 2015.

Training available in NDA are as follows:
3 Years at NDA and 1 Year at Indian Military Academy(For Army cadets)/
3 Years at NDA and 1 Year at Naval Academy(For Naval cadets)
3 Years at NDA and 1 & 1/2 Years at Air Force Academy Hyderabad (For Air Force cadets)
12th December 2014, 07:40 AM
Saranbala18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
No, you are ineligible to apply for NDA entrance exam after completing 10th standard. 10th and Polytechnic are not enough qualification to apply for NDA exam. You need to complete 12th standard or its equivalent qualification to be eligible for NDA entrance exam.

NDA means National Defence and Academy and this exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for every twice in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:

Education Qualification:
Applicants must pass in Intermediate course from any recognized board with any discipline and Only science stream applicants are eligible for Indian Navy and Air Force wing.

Age limit
Candidates age should be 16 ½ to 19 Years

Marital Status
Applicant should be Unmarried male.

Date Commencement of Training will be conducted during the month of January and July.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
26th January 2016, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have done 10th and currently in final year polytechnic. Can I fill NDA form on diploma basis.
26th December 2017, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

I am 17 1/2 year my dob is 1/9/2000 i am in first year of polytechnic with branch electrical can i eligible for NDA EXAM OR MY BROTHER IS PASS 12 WITH ART'S SUBJECT HE IS 18 YEAR HE IS ELIGIBLE OR NOT. MY EMAIL= [email protected] or my no.8278641581
30th August 2019, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

sir i am abhishek,and i want to join nda after completing three years of polytechnic in civil engineering.sir please send its answer as soon as possible...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?