8th March 2016, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BCA for 12th BSEB Commerce student?

Hello Everyone,
I had pass 12th from BSEB, Patna with Commerce stream. I want to do BCA now. So I want to know that I will be eligible or not? Please tell me asap.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I study further after completing 12th BSEB Commerce?
  2. Eligibility to study BCA or B.Sc(IT) for 12th Commerce student?
  3. What should I study further if secured 49.2% in 12th BSEB Commerce?
  4. Eligibility to get admission in B.Com of Muzaffarpur University for BSEB Commerce student?
  5. Can I get admission to study BCA if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics? What are the subjects available to study in BCA?
  6. Is it difficult to study BCA for 12th Commerce student? Scope of BCA and MCA?
  7. Am I eligible to study BCA and MCA after completing 12th Commerce?
  8. Eligibility to study BCA for 12th Commerce student who haven't studied Computer Application?
  9. Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What should I study further to make brighter future if secured 1st Division in 12th BSEB Science?
  11. When the result of 12th Commerce BSEB Board exam will be declared?
  12. Is it possible to study commerce stream 11th and 12th while studying BCA 4th semester?
  13. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th BSEB candidate?
  14. Can I get admission to study B.Com in Delhi University if secured 69% in 12th BSEB?
  15. BCA or B.Com from GNIIT: better option after 12th standard with commerce? Percentage required in 12th?
  16. Can I study BCA if completed 12th Commerce? Fee expense to study BCA?
  17. Can I study BCA if pursuing Multimedia as a subject in 12th Commerce? List of BCA colleges in Gujarat?
  18. Which is better to study among BBA and BCA for a candidate who has secured 74% in 12th Commerce?
9th March 2016, 11:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BCA for 12th BSEB Commerce student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I had pass 12th from BSEB, Patna with Commerce stream. I want to do BCA now. So I want to know that I will be eligible or not? Please tell me asap.
You have completed 12th standard in Commerce from BSEB board so you are eligible for BCA course.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
9th March 2016, 02:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To pursue Bachelor of Computer Application course after class XII :

The candidate must have citizenship of India.

The candidate must have passed 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics as the main subjects.

Minimum age limit should not be less than 17 years.
9th March 2016, 03:09 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To study Bachelor of Computer Application a candidate must have passed 12th from science stream with mathematics as the main subject with minimum 50% marks and 45% for reserved category the minimum age should not be less than 17 years and maximum should not exceed 25 years and relaxation is given to reserved categories in upper age limit.
9th March 2016, 06:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the reputed universities ask for maths at class 12th level for BCA course admission in India. Only a few universities offer admission to non-maths students.

Hence, if you have commerce with maths then you will be eligible for admission in top universities through entrance exam. Otherwise, you can try other universities like IGNOU.
9th March 2016, 07:38 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for doing BCA for 12th BSEB candidate:

1. Candidate must have passed class 12th with a minimum of 50%.

2. Candidates should have studied Mathematics in his/her boards as a main subject.

3. Some colleges conduct their own entrance exam for providing admission to students in BCA course. So in that case the candidate will have to appear and clear the examination as well.
9th March 2016, 07:40 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say that you cannot opt for BCA after completion of your 12th from Commerce stream as the minimum eligibility rwequirement in order to pursue BCA is that a candidate should have completed his/her 12th from Science stream and should have studied Mathematics as one of their main subject.
10th March 2016, 12:05 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year vocational course.

The eligibility to pursue course is candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognsied board with PCM as main paper.

Some of institutes conducts entrance examination to get admission in course. So, to get more detail visit the institute in which you need to get admission. The same is eligibility for candidates of all recognised board.
12th March 2016, 10:38 PM
OnePlus

You can't apply for BCA as you are a commerce student. BCA is a professional course and it has 3 years of duration.

Eligibility to take admission in BCA is that a candidate must have a degree of class 12th along with physics , chemistry and maths with minimum 50% of aggregate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?