31st May 2015, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study B.Com in Delhi University if secured 69% in 12th BSEB?

Respected Sir,
I have secured 69% in my 12th BSEB
Board exam by Commerce stream.
I to get admission in Delhi University for B.Com
course. So, I am eligible or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study B.Com Honours from Delhi University along with ICAI course after completing 12th Science?
  2. Can I take admission in Mechanical Engineering after passing 12th from BSEB?
  3. Can I take admission in Mechanical Engineering after passing 12th from BSEB?
  4. Can I get admission in NIT if scored 171 marks in JEE Main and secured 73.2% in 12th BSEB?
  5. In which college of Delhi University I will get admission to study B.Sc(Physics) if secured 91.66% in 12th PCM?
  6. How can I apply for Government scholarship if secured 78% in 12th Arts BSEB?
  7. Colleges under Delhi University offering B.Sc in Mathematics for 12th student who have secured 88% marks?
  8. Admission in Delhi University through Management Quota for a candidate who has secured 82.8% in 12th CBSE?
  9. Scholarship for a candidate who has secured 89% in 12th BSEB and having Rs. 36000 family income per annum?
  10. Is it possible to seek admission in Delhi University? Is there any quota for NRI students in Delhi university?
  11. Possibility to study B.Ed for a candidate who has secured 41% in B.A.? List of universities for admission?
  12. How to get admission in 3rd year B.Com at Delhi University?
  13. Can I get admission for BCA from Delhi University having secured 50% in 12th?
  14. Can I apply for JEE Main and Advanced if scored 329 marks in 12th BSEB? -- [New]
  15. When the result of 12th Commerce BSEB Board exam will be declared?
  16. Can I get admission in DU for B.A. if secured 45% in 12th being ST candidate?
  17. Can I get admission in Delhi University if secured 85% in 12th CBSE? What are the options available for me?
  18. How to get admission for B.Com Honors in top 5 colleges of Delhi University? -- [Most Discussed]
31st May 2015, 10:57 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can I get admission to study B.Com in Delhi University if secured 69% in 12th BSEB?

No its not possible to get admission in Delhi university campus on the behalf of last few merit lists usually third and fourth merit list goes at 90%
But there are nearly 60 colleges under Delhi University you can easily get admission in last of this list but these last colleges are not reputed colleges so its better to take admission in any other reputed government college

Delhi university provides admission on the behalf of 12th class Board exams ,you are eligible for apply in Delhi university but as per my knowledge you didn't get admission for more information about the last merit lists you can visit the college they will provide you details
31st May 2015, 11:22 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study B.Com in Delhi University if secured 69% in 12th BSEB?

Yes , you are eligible to apply for the admission in the DU. But as the admission is on the basis of cut off list based on the board aggregate. So you have to wait for the cut off list for the admission.

The application form the 2015 is going on and will continue till the 15th June. DU has made some changes in the eligibility for the B.Com as it is made compulsory to have Mathematics as main subjects in the board examination. The cut off are released on the basis of best four subjects.

There are relaxation in the cut off for the OBC, SC/ST and PWD candidates. There are also reservation on sports quota. So if you lie in these you will get the admission. There is no relaxation for any board aggregate as there is same weight age for all the board candidates.

For more information visit at www.du.ac.in.
31st May 2015, 11:53 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study B.Com in Delhi University if secured 69% in 12th BSEB?

Candidates who have completed their 12th standard with minimum 45% of marks are eligible to apply for B.Com course admission in Delhi university. So, as a candidate who have 69% of marks, you can apply for B.Com course admission in Delhi University. To know any more details, you can visit its official website.
http://ug.du.ac.in/
1st June 2015, 09:22 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Each and every student who passed 12th standard from any recognized board are eligible for getting admission in D.U but the question is that either he/she will get admission or not on the score they earn in 12th standard. Basically it depends on cutoff list which is declared by Delhi University for the admission of students in university campus.

So if your score of 12th standard qualifies their minimum cutoff then only you will get seat in D.U rather not. You may check last year cutoff list to get more idea. Cutoff may vary session to session thus it is difficult to predict what will it this year. If you are SC/ST candidate then chance of getting seat will increase as seats are reserved for SC/ST quota candidates.

You can also try to get management seats which are reserved by the University campus. For getting those seats you need to meet with higher authority of university.
1st June 2015, 01:08 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in following colleges of DU after scoring 69% in 12th BSEB :

Aditi Mahavidyalaya
Address: Delhi Auchandi Road, Bawana,
New Delhi, Delhi 110039

Bhagini Nivedita College
28th June 2015, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Can i get admission in du if ihave secured 78%marks from bseb?
28th June 2015, 06:42 PM
reconnect

Sorry to say dear, but it is difficult to take admission in DU. Because the cut-off rate is very high in DU due to its reputation. As you get the 78% marks so, it might be not possible for you to take admission in DU.
You have another option to take the admission from any quota like sport quota, athlete quota etc.
Don't worry there are so many universities which are good enough in India you may apply for them.
28th June 2015, 09:37 PM
krroshan.amar

Usually last cut-offs of Delhi university of various college is 80-85%. Thus it is very difficult to get admission for B.com in Delhi University.

However if you are good athlete or good player of any sports and have represented played state level or district level games then you can get admission in Delhi University.

Its better you should apply in other reputed colleges. You can collect information of various colleges whose last year cut-off was around 65%. You can also apply in colleges like Banaras Hindu University who takes admission after passing Entrance exam. There are many reputed colleges which takes admission on the basis of entrence exams which can be better option for you.
20th July 2015, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

My son has secured 84% marks in class XII and he is NRI, is he elgible to get admission for B.COM under NRI Quota in DU.
21st July 2015, 12:16 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Delhi University is the topmost universities of India.
Students need to have high percentage to get admission in any course.

B.Com stands for Bachelor of Commerce is a 3 year program for students after completing Higher Secondary Certificate examination.

With only 69% marks in 12th standard , it is almost impossible to get seat in any college in B.Com course.
Generally, cut for admission in B.Com course hangs around 90-100% including all cutoffs.
Also, this years admission is over.
If you are determined to study in Delhi University then you should appear in
improvement examination of 12th standard to get better score with other board
as it is not possible to get as much score to get admission in Delhi University from BSEB .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?