27th May 2018, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Air Force being an Open Schooling student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I want to join Indian Air Force. But I am studying in 12th standard from Open Schooling. So, what I have to do for joining Indian Air Force? Please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join Indian Army if studying in a Open Schooling? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force jobs after completion of course from National Institution of Open Schooling?
  3. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  5. Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for a girl candidate?
  6. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for 12th student?
  7. How can I join Indian Air Force being a 10th student? Detailed information about Indian Air Force?
  8. What is the procedure for an architect to join Indian Air force
  9. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  10. What should I study further after completion of 12th to join Indian Air Force?
  11. Can I join Indian Air Force as a medical graduate?
  12. In which entrance exam I have to appear to join in Indian Air Force being a B.E.(ECE) final year student? Selection procedure of Indian Air Force?
  13. Can I join Indian Air Force being a candidate pursuing B-Pharmacy from Pune University being a Medical student in 12th Class?
  14. Eligibility to join Indian Navy for 12th Open Schooling candidate?
  15. Is a student from management background eligible to join any field of indian air force?
  16. Recruitment available in Indian Air Force for B.Sc graduate?
  17. Best Air Force college in India? Is Air Force not suitable for girls?
  18. What to do after 12th PCB to join Indian Air Force? Procedure for joining NDA?
28th May 2018, 08:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Air Force being an Open Schooling student?

NIOS is a recognized qualification and you should be eligible for Indian Air Force, if you have studied PCM stream. For NDA exam and Group X trade, you need to have PCM stream.

If you have studied some other stream, then you can only apply for Group Y trade, which is a non-technical trade in Indian Air Force.
28th May 2018, 08:34 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can join Air Force if you have passed your 12th standard from open schooling. But to join Air Force you should have completed your 12th standard with PCM from a recognised board. To join Airforce a candidate has to appear in NDA examination that is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.
29th May 2018, 12:09 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed 12th from a recognised open board are eligible to appear for entrance examination conducted for recruitment in defence service.

NDA and Air Force-X, Y grade recruitment examination is conducted for selection in defence service.

The examination is conducted in various stages and candidates have to appear and qualify for all the stages entrance examination for final selection.
29th May 2018, 06:39 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed your 12th standard from open schooling and now you want to join Airforce then you have to appear in NDA examination. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year in the month of April and September. Only those candidates are eligible to join NDA who have completed a 12th standard with PCM from a recognised board.
30th May 2018, 05:55 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Indian Air Force by cracking the written test and Service Selection board of National Defense Academy exam. Any 10+2 passed or appearing candidate can apply for the NDA entrance exam.

Even NIOS candidates are eligible for the NDA exam. Age limit is 16.5 to 19.5 years. For Air Force, you must have studied Physics and Mathematics in 10+2 board.

Only unmarried male candidate can apply for this exam. Female are not allowed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?