22nd March 2015, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Should I study Diploma course to join Indian Railway after completing 10th CBSE?

Hello Sir,
I have appeared class 10th CBSE Board exam.
My age is 17 years old. I want to do Diploma course.
Actually my aim is to join Indian Railway
so should I do Diploma course after my 10th?

29th March 2015, 09:24 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I study Diploma course to join Indian Railway after completing 10th CBSE?

Yes, you an do Diploma course after your 10th as there is no such restriction as such that a Diploma cannot join Railway sector or anything as such.

The minimum qualification required to join Indian Railway sector jobs is class 10th pass.

However, below I am enumerating some details of the eligibility criteria required to join Indian Railway. Kindly have a look.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE RAILWAY JOBS:

1. Candidate should completed the any courses like 10th or 12th or diploma or engineering or any degree or post graduation courses

2. Secured minimum 55% aggregate in academics

3. Candidate should belongs to indian citizen only

4. Reservation is applicable as per the government rules
30th March 2015, 03:29 PM
SmilyRishu

Default Re: Should I study Diploma course to join Indian Railway after completing 10th CBSE?

Hello sir,

From my opinion recruitment for INDIAN RAILWAYS are on many basis.
Some recruitment are on the basis of graduation only while some are on the base of 10th standard also.

But you must scored at least 55 percent marks in the exam on which basis you are applying in the Indian Railway.
Also age limit is there for applying in Indian Railway.but there is some age relaxation for sc candidates.

The main thing for applying in the INDIAN RAILWAY is that the candidate must be an Indian citizen.

So i think that you need not to join diploma if you want to join the Indian railway on the basis of 10th standard.But if you join Indian railways on 10th base then your pay scale will be small.

So my suggestion to you is that you simply have to complete you diploma then apply for the Indian railway.
After completing your diploma you will got good package from Indian Railways.

Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?