11th August 2015, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

How can I study to score good marks in 8th ICSE Chemistry?

Respected Sir,
How I can score good marks in Chemistry of 8th standard in ICSE board? I am very much confused in learning Chemistry. I don't know how to study Chemistry and I am very weak in this subject.

14th August 2015, 04:39 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I study to score good marks in 8th ICSE Chemistry?

The first and foremost thing that you need to do is to get out of the fear that Chemistry is hard subject, it is however not as hard as you think it to be. The oinly problem lies when you don't pay much attention to whatever you study.

However, if you want to excel in Chemistry, there is nothing to worry about it. You just need to follow some simple steps mentioned below;

> Try to concentrate fully on whatever you study, be it a small topic or big one.

> Make a proper time table to study, as studying the whole day is not the exact way to learn anything.

> Mark things that you feel difficult to understand, and do asl it to your tutors, or if you don't take tuition. than ask it to your school teacher.

> Never leave any doubt uncleared.

> Keep yourself healthy.

> Have proper diet, etc.

Try to follow these steps and I am sure you will be able to score well in your boards.
15th August 2015, 12:24 PM
newmoon06

In Chemistry you need ton study about the structure, composition, properties and change of matter. Firstly, you need to make the time table that how much time you should give to chemistry in a day. Time management is very important and you should prepare yourself to follow the time table which you would make.

In chemistry there are so many equations which are difficult to be learn. So, avoid learning of these equations try to understand the concept behind thees equations, how they are react and about their balancing. There is also you need to learn the properties of matter. For this you need to understand the difference between chemical , physical and electrical properties of materials. So, it will be easy for you to understand the things.

Understanding is most important if you are understand whatever you have learned then , you will remember it long lasting.

Be confident at your exam time,Clear the doubts immediately if you have any, try to take proper diet because health is very important. etc.
15th August 2015, 02:20 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Chemistry is very intresting subject to study at any standard.
As you are weak in chemistry then you should spend more time on that subject in comparision to other .
No any subject is harder and also no one is easier.
Initially, you should remove fear from your mind that chemistry is tough subject .
Just think that it is an intresting subject and i have to learn and study it anyhow.
In free time , just take chemistry books , read out the chapters just like as novel and comic books . After completing it 2 or 3 times you will automatically know about all the topics and will take interest.
Also, never left any topic uncleared in schools or in tution.
If you ignore topics which you do not understand then it will not be possible to understand any chapter well.

You should be more focused and concentrated while studying and be regular in schools and coaching or tuitions.
29th August 2015, 08:40 AM
sumitrahul76

ICSE stands for indian council of secondary education .
Chemistry isn't very tough subject to understand , but as your chemistry is weak then at the initial stage you must have to spend alot of time (more than that you give on any other subject) to chemistry. It is very interesting subject full of creativity and experiments.
You also have to remove fear for chemistry from your mind.
Try to keep in contact with chemistry as much you can, prepare for it according to the prescribed syllabus of ICSE board.

Give alot of time to self studies it will help you in increasing interest in chemistry, try to tackle problems, attend school and coaching classes regularly to clear the problems, understand the concept.
21st January 2019, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Does tution for chemistry help the child to understand concepts other than learning from school
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?