24th February 2016, 07:50 AM
Unregistered

How much percentage in 12th is necessary to appear for JEE Mains exam?

Sir,

I am class 12th student and i will give my 12th board exam. I am also interested in jee mains exam. So i want to know the percentage to be acquired in 12th board exam for giving entrance exam. Please help me sir.

24th February 2016, 03:12 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much percentage in 12th is necessary to appear for JEE Mains exam?

Candidate must have passed or appearing in 12th class from any recognised board. Candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects.
Candidate must have secured more than 50% in compulsory subjects Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
24th February 2016, 06:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much percentage in 12th is necessary to appear for JEE Mains exam?

Minimum 50% marks in aggregate is required for becoming eligible for JEE Main. You must have PCM stream in your class 12th then only you will be eligible for this exam.

Your 12th marks will have more value during JEE Advanced stage which is for admission in IITs. Therefore, try to score as good as possible in class 12th.
24th February 2016, 07:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

I am class 12th student and i will give my 12th board exam. I am also interested in jee mains exam. So i want to know the percentage to be acquired in 12th board exam for giving entrance exam. Please help me sir.
If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main and Advanced. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
24th February 2016, 07:33 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. It has two stages JEE Main and JEE advanced. First stage is JEE Main and those qualify in this exam can apply for JEE Advanced.

Eligibility criteria for JEE Main exam:

Candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board. You must be from science stream and have studied important subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Minimum percentage of marks is 50%.

But you must try to secure as much as possible as percentage of marks in 10+2 board exam is taken in account for rank calculation in JEE Main exam.
25th February 2016, 12:35 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.
JEE is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) every year for admission in IIT, NIT and other engineering colleges.
CBSE conducts JEE Mains and JEE Advance in month of April and May respectively.
IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology. It is best engineering college of India for any B.Tech/B.E courses.
NIT stands for National Institute of Technology.
IIT takes admission on basis of JEE Advance only while on the basis of JEE Mains rank, NIT, some state based colleges with some private colleges take admission.

The student who have passed 12th board examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, one language subject and one qualifying subject in year 2014 or 2015 are eligible to appear in JEE Mains 2016.
The student going to appear in 12th board examination with above mentioned combination of subject are also eligible to appear for JEE Mains 2016.

So, to appear in JEE Mains, you only need to secure pass marks but in order to get admission in good engineering colleges high marks in 12th board examination is necessary.
11th May 2016, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

How many minimum percent is reqired in 12th bihar board for elligible in jee advance(iit) .sir igot only 63 percent .am i elligble for jee advance . as we know that ,this year(2016) 12th bihar board exam result so weak .so sir want to know that ,i get only 63 percent .am i elligible this year for crack jee advance
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?