13th December 2016, 11:49 AM
abhishek lalit

How much should a SC category student score in class 10th to apply for JEE entrance exam?

Respected Sir, My name is Abhishek Lalit and my Caste is Jatav, I belong to the SC category. I am studying in class 10th and after completing it I want to appear for JEE entrance exam so I want to know, How much should I score in class 10th being a SC category to apply for JEE exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

14th December 2016, 04:42 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much should a SC category student score in class 10th to apply for JEE entrance exam?

JEE stands for joint Entrance Examination. For this examination candidate must have passed 12th in science stream from a recognized board. The minimum percentage required for reserved category candidate (ST/SC) is 65%.

The minimum age of candidate for JEE main 2017 examination is 17 years.

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible for JEE examination so my suggestion to you is that you have complete your 12th class then you can apply for Joint Entrance examination.

For more information you can visit at the official website: jeemain.nic.in/
14th December 2016, 06:32 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much should a SC category student score in class 10th to apply for JEE entrance exam?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and the examination is conducted by CBSE and IIT for admission in B.Tech and B.E courses.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th with PCM as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination after 10th and the minimum required aggregate to appear for Main examination is 45% for general and relaxation for reserved category of 5%.

For more information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
14th December 2016, 09:31 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

* JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is a national level engineering entrance examination held for admission in undergraduate technical courses in CFTIs ( Centrally Funded Technical Institutes ) like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM, etc. and other private engineering colleges.

* JEE is organized by CBSE once every year in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

* The minimum educational requirement for appearing in JEE is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 45% aggregate ( 40% in case of SC/ST category ) from a recognized university. But to be eligible for admission in CFTIs your aggregate in your Class 12th with 75% ( 65% in case of SC/ST category ).

So from above mentioned educational requirement for JEE it is evident that the marks of Class 10th does not matters for anyone's eligibility for JEE.

For more details about JEE you can visit the official website of JEE i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?