4th January 2015, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for 11th student?

Hello
Is it compulsory for iit students to complete 12 class?
b'cos i'm a student of 11 class , and i had given the examination of 10th recently,i want to give jee advanced now....
can i do this?

5th January 2015, 12:07 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for 11th student?

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

* The Candidate should have appeared for Class XII or its equivalent examination from a recognized School Board of Education.

* The candidate should have Born on or after October 1st, 1990 if Belong to General and OBC category and on or after October 1st, 1985 if Belong to SC, ST and PWD category.

So, as you doesn't fulfill the above eligibility you are not eligible to appear for JEE examination.
5th January 2015, 10:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
Is it compulsory for iit students to complete 12 class?
b'cos i'm a student of 11 class , and i had given the examination of 10th recently,i want to give jee advanced now....
can i do this?
Yes, 12th standard candidate are eligible for JEE advance exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT-JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

I have attached the syllabus for JEE advanced exam so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SYLLABUS IIT JEE Exam.txt(1.4 KB, 39 views)
7th January 2015, 05:55 PM
Devdatta Divekar

I don't think you are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced as the eligibility criteria requires that a candidate should have appeared for Class XII or its equivalent examination from a recognized School Board of Education. Candidates of GE and OBC categories must have been born on or after October 01, 1990 and those of SC, ST and PwD categories must have been born on or after October 01, 1985.
27th March 2015, 08:44 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No you cannot apply for JEE Advance being a student of class 11th as the minimum eligibility criteria is a +2 student with PCM as three main Subjects in the board paper can apply for it.You cannot afford to seat directly for ADVANCE unless you qualify in the jee mains paper i.e the first stage of examination.The application form comes in the month of November and December and you can download the admit card from CBSE.nic.in from the March onwards and the examination will be conducted on the first Sunday of April .
The examination paper contains 90questions of 360 marks and 30 each from PCM.There is negative marking also of 1mark with one wrong answer.
Then the list of 1.5lacs selected students are able to seat in the next level examination JeeAdvanvce and from this the top 10,000students are eligible to get admission in IIT.

The examination is one of the toughest examination so it requires serious attention on examination from 10th onwards only.
28th March 2015, 05:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for JEE advance being a 11th class student because for minimum educational qualification for the same is 12th passed/12th pursuing student from a recognized college/school with physics , chemistry and mathematics as your main subjects .

Also for appearing in JEE advance you will first have to be among top 20% students in your 12th board examination .

After that you have to crack JEE Mains examination .

So you first go to class 12th with preparation starting from today as the examination will consists of questions related to both 11th and 12th class .
29th March 2015, 08:32 PM
SmilyRishu

Hello dear aspirant,

I am very happy to read your statement that you want to attempt for JEE mains,but dear aspirant for going for the JEE mains you have to first qualify the secondary class with PCM.

But you should remember that first of all you have to fill the application form during your +2 class.

So my suggestion to you is that simply perform your best in +1 and +2 and then crack JEE mains.

Best of luck.

Thank you.
31st March 2015, 06:24 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to apply for JEE advanced for 11th student :

1.Candidates who have qualified the 10+2 passed outs in 2014 or 2015 are only eligible for 2015 JEE Advanced from the recognized board or University.

2.Maximum Age limit is 25 years .

3.Only the qualified candidates who have secured the 1,50,000 in JEE main's are only eligible.

4.You have only two attempts for the JEE Advanced .

There is a Rank relaxation for the reserved candidates and you should have secured the minim 75% of marks for Gen and OBC category.
1st April 2015, 02:55 AM
amanshrivastava98

Yes, the minimum educational qualifcation for appearing in the JEE Advanced is either 12th passed with a certain minimum qualifying percentage or atleast studyig in the class 12th. this attempt is called the appearing attempt.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?