8th January 2016, 07:14 AM
Unregistered

How much is the validity period of a Domicile certificate?

I want to get information regarding the domicile certificate. I want to know about the validity period of the domicile certificate. Please reply me fast. Its urgent.

Related Questions:
  1. What does Domicile mean? How should I get the domicile certificate?
  2. How could I get the Domicile Certificate?
  3. What is caste validity certificate?
  4. How to obtain the domicile certificate for MBA CET? How long it takes to obtain? From where to get the application form of domicile certificate?
  5. If I have done my schooling in Lucknow can I get the domicile certificate? Is there any agent who can help in making the domicile certificate from Lucknow?
  6. What documents are needed for domicile certificate of student if his father has expired? -- [New]
  7. How can I change my son's Domicle by Choice to Domicile by Birth? How may I get the entire procedure for the same?
  8. How Can I get domicile certificate of Maharashtra as I've completing my schooling upto 12th here? Can I get admission in government MBBS college without domicile certificate?
  9. Which court should we apply for Domicile certificate? Which documents do they want?
  10. What is the domicile eligibility for MH CET exam?
  11. Validity of OBC Non Creamy Layer certificate in Rajasthan?
  12. Can I get a domicile certificate of a state on which we are living from many years whereas my birth certificate is from other state? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How can I make my domicile certificate? I've done my schooling from Lucknow but now i'm settled in delhi
  14. Is my son eligible to appear for PMET exam if he has done 11th from Bathinda(Punjab) and 12th(PCB) from outside Punjab?
  15. How to get IRDA license? How to write the exam?
  16. Can I get domicile certificate of Uttar Pradesh if I belong to New Delhi?
  17. Can I get West Bengal Domicile Certificate for NEET if completed 12th from Delhi but born in West Bengal?
  18. List of good Colleges in Mumbai offering Automobile Engineering?
8th January 2016, 11:54 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much is the validity period of a Domicile certificate?

The validity period of Domicile Certificate has been enhanced to life long by the government. So, domicile certificate has life long validity.
8th January 2016, 05:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Any domicile certificate which is issued by a competent authority will be valid only for six months.

Therefore, you must try to make sure that the certificate is issued well under six months time to avoid any issues.
8th January 2016, 11:04 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The validity of domicile certificate is 3 years, after the tenure of 3 years you need to renew it or else it will be of no use and irrelevant. Therefore, kindly renew it as soon as its validity gets over.
14th June 2016, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

where is the validity of period mentioned in Domicile certificate ? if not mentioned then why ?
17th February 2017, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

I have already made a domicile before three year in Punjab for diploma admission and I want to do the B.tech from Lucknow even my village is also in UP state so is there also need a new domicile, and can I make it once again for admission ?
19th February 2017, 12:41 PM
namit65786
Junior Member+

Validity of the Domicile Certificate is Life Long as per the new Government Orders. and any Indian Citizen can get his domicile from the State Jurisdiction he belongs to. Citizen can get his domicile Certificate from one state only, domicile from different state is an offence.
19th February 2017, 12:44 PM
namit65786
Junior Member+

Any Indian Citizen can get his domicile made from only one State Constituency, and applying for the domicile from more than one State is an offence. Hence it is requested not to opt for domicile from UP State.
15th June 2017, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

How much is the validity period of domicile certificate issued by collector of Kolkata?
2nd July 2017, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

How much is the validity period of domicile certificate issued by cbse school of Durgapur?
26th August 2017, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

My domicile certificate (U.P.) is not update on registered website but he did not over three years. What i can do for this
27th August 2017, 02:59 AM
cataleya11

Domicile Certificate is required to avail Domicile or Resident Quotas in educational institution and in Government service. It can be made only in one state.

It proves that the individual who has a certificate is a resident of the State/UT by which the Certificate has been issued.

The validity of the domicile certificate issued by the state government varies from 6 months to lifelong. The validity period is different for different states but for most of the States/UT it is 6 months from the date of issue.
12th October 2017, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

We have house in west bengal but my son born in new delhi and now studied in haryana for past 11 years so I want to know can we get domicile certificate from West bengal
26th February 2018, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Myself taken Domicile certificate for my daughter in the year 2009. What is the validity of this certificate.
28th April 2018, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

Validity period of a domicile certificate in west bengal which was issued by the competent authority
6th May 2018, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

I have got my domicile certificate in November 2017. Can I use the same for my admission in July 2018 or I will have to issue a new one?
15th June 2018, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

My daughter got domicile certificate in the year 2017. Can you please reply me is this valid for my daughter for her admission in 2020 after completion of her 12th std
1st February 2019, 07:37 AM
Unregistered

How much is the validity of the domicile certificate issued for study propose in Odisha?
10th March 2019, 06:35 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have uttarakhand domicile certificate so I wanted to know that I have the certificate from 2005 year so is there any need to renew it
15th March 2019, 02:08 AM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

Domicile is basically the certificate that shows that you are living in that particular area for more than 5 years.
There is life long validity for the domicile certificate. However, if have left the place and is living somewhere else then you would need to apply for new domicile certificate online.

You can visit edistrict.uk.gov.in for more details and to apply for a new domicile certificate.
24th March 2019, 11:08 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Domicile certificate or residence certificate is a necessary legal document for proving that a person is having a residence in a particular state.

There is 6 months validity period of a Domicile certificate or may be life long in other
4th June 2019, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

For admission in mbbs colleges in West Bengal I obtained domicile certificate from sdo last year. For the same reason whether I have to apply for domicile certificate this year again? Is the last year certificate valid for this year?
Subirkumar
6th June 2019, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

I have domicile certificate which is of year 2016 so is it valid now or i have to make a new one for my further studies...??
10th June 2019, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

How much is the validity of the domicile certificate issued for study propose in Maharashtra
26th June 2019, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

How much time validity of domicile certificate..in West Bengal attested by sdo
3rd August 2019, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir, Validity period of caste and domicile certificate for SC category in UP
7th August 2019, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

My domicile certificate about to expire in coming month. What should i do for renew the same and which documents are required for the same
14th August 2019, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Domicile certificate issued by SDO. (IAS,) What is the period of validity of certificate
28th August 2019, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

After getting the domicile certificate issued for the purpose of NEET 2020 and GUJCET 2020, what is the validity period in Gujarat?
20th December 2019, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

My domicile certificate about to expire in coming month. What should i do for renew the same and which documents are required for the same
2nd June 2020, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

How much is the validity period of gujrat domicile certificate??
20th July 2020, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

Myself taken Domicile certificate for my daughter in the year 2014. What is the validity of this certificate . Now i am apply for diplo eng. in gujarat for next daughter so previous domicile is use.
22nd July 2020, 11:50 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Unhappy Re: How much is the validity period of a Domicile certificate?

Domicile certificate is issued to one if he has resided at a certain place in a state for a continuous period of preceding five years and the said wording is incorporated in the said residence certificate. Hence the validity should be considered fora period of five years.

Domicile certificate is given a s state of proof, in which to show that a person is staying in a state or Union territory for a period of 5 years or more. So the validity of the certificate is alao 5 years
19th September 2022, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Punjab domicile certificate validity up to what date
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?