7th September 2017, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Intermediate done from NIOS is valid for NATA?

Hello, in 2016 I cleared my 12th from commerce stream.Without maths and now I want to do architecture and I am giving NIOS exams in October for PCM. So, only 4 subjects (physics, Chemistry, maths and English) by NIOS can be allowed for NATA? Or I have to give 5 subjects?

7th September 2017, 04:06 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Intermediate done from NIOS is valid for NATA?

Since, NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) is a recognized board of education, so those candidates who have completed higher secondary education with 50% marks and have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in the qualifying examination from NIOS board, are eligible for NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) exam.
Eligibility criteria for NATA:
>Those candidates who have completed or appearing 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects with 50% marks from any recognized board, are eligible for NATA exam.
>Those who have completed 10+3 diploma with 50% marks and Mathematics as one of the subjects from a recognized board/university, are eligible for the aforesaid examination.
7th September 2017, 05:06 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely NIOS certificate is valid for NATA examination, there is no problem regarding it.
Let me clear your confusion. The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) was established in the year 1989 as an autonomous organisation by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. So, there should be no problem regarding higher studies being an NIOS student.
7th September 2017, 05:22 PM
Thexpert
Banned

Yes, You are very much eligible for NATA (National Aptitude test in Architectural) if you pursuing your 12th standard from NIOS.
NIOS is recognised board.
You can be eligible for NATA if you have studied 12th standard with maths and scored 50% marks in aggregate.
7th September 2017, 07:45 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for NATA being a NIOS student.
To become an architect a candidate must have following criteria-

A candidate must be 12th passed with physics chemistry and mathematics as the main subjects.

A candidate must have minimum 50% marks in class 12th.

To get admission in NATA you have to crack entrance exam.

NIOS is highly recognised board of India. NIOS is same as CBSE, ISC or state boards.
7th September 2017, 09:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NATA refers to National Aptitude Test in Architecture and same is a national level examination held for admission in B.Arch ( Bachelor of Architecture ) degree course in top private architectural colleges.

The minimum qualifications required for appearing in NATA is a higher secondary school degree with Mathematics as a main subject with at least 50% marks from a recognized board. Students having any equivalent degree are also eligible.

So as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for NATA after clearing your Class 12th with PCM group from NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling, which is one of the Central board of education and hence its degree is valid everywhere ) then you are eligible if you have manage to secure 50% marks as there is no need of having 5 subjects at higher secondary school level for appearing in the same examination.

For more details regarding NATA you can refer to its official link i.e; www.nata.in.
7th September 2017, 09:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is definitely valid for NATA. Just make sure that you studied maths as one of the subject in class 12th. NIOS certificate is valid for entrance exams and government jobs too.

The only places where NIOS will create issue is private sector jobs. Some companies don't consider open schooling certificate for recruiting candidates.
7th September 2017, 11:45 PM
Ashfaqueexpert

As you have cleared your +2 level of education from a recognized board, I am sure you are most eligible to appear for NATA. The minimum eligibility criteria is such that the candidate should have completed their 12th education from a recognized board. Candidate should have studied mathematics at their +2 level of education and should have also scored a minimum of 50% in aggregate in order to be eligible.
16th September 2017, 09:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, in 2016 I cleared my 12th from commerce stream.Without maths and now I want to do architecture and I am giving NIOS exams in October for PCM. So, only 4 subjects (physics, Chemistry, maths and English) by NIOS can be allowed for NATA? Or I have to give 5 subjects?
You have completed 12th standard from NIOS, so you are eligible for NATA exam.

Applicants who have passed SSC (Class 10th) or equivalent examination can appear for NATA exam but are not eligible for the B.Arch admissions.

Those candidates who have passed 10+ 2 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate are eligible for NATA exam. You must have studied Mathematics as a main subject in 10+2 or equivalent.
18th September 2017, 01:50 PM
sapphire1

NIOS is recognized and affiliated so, don't worry you can apply for NATA exam as you have done PCM through NIOS. so, you are eligible to apply for NATA exam. This exam is for architecture. For this, you have to crack NATA exam.

As you have done 12th in commerce then there are also many other options for further studies.
B.Com
BBA
CA

All are good courses and have a good scope so the choice will be yours you have to choose that field in which you have interest.
7th August 2020, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir/ma'am, NIOS board declared Result April-2020, I want to know I had passed all 5 subjects but result status showing Result XXXX. Please let me know it means passed or fail? Please reply me, I shall be thankful to you for this favor
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?