22nd March 2018, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Is it legal to reappear in 12th with NIOS to get admission in NIT for a CBSE candidate?

I have secured 78% in CBSE Board in 12th standard with Science stream. I think this percentage is not sufficient for the admission in NT through JEE Main. So, I am planning to give my 12th again with NIOS Board. Is it legal?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I reappear in 12th with NIOS Board if failed from CBSE? Is there any problem to get admission in Engineering on NIOS basis? Regional centre of NIOS in Lucknow?
  2. Can I reappear as a Private candidate for all subjects if failed in last year CBSE 12th exam?
  3. Chances to reappear in English and Maths Board exam of 12th NIOS for a candidate who has qualified around 8 years ago?
  4. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Advanced if reappear in 12th from NIOS?
  5. Should I reappear in 12th from Regular Board if completed NIOS and studying B.Com?
  6. Can I appear in JEE Main & Advanced through NIOS improvement exam having secured 76% in 12th CBSE?
  7. Is NIOS better than CBSE for me? Will I get good job or admission in DU with NIOS marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility to reappear in 12th from NIOS? When this examination will be held?
  9. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  10. Is it true that campus placement in IIT, DTU and NIT will happen for students only from NIOS and not from CBSE?
  11. Possibility to appear in 12th NIOS for a candidate who has discontinued study 8 years ago?
  12. Can I sit in UPSE exam? I've got degree of NIOS board in 12th and 10th from CBSE and B.Tech from NIT Nagaland
  13. Is it possible to reappear in 12th CBSE if missed out improvement exam? Can I apply for 12th UP State Board?
  14. Can I reappear in 12th from NIOS Board to study MBBS in Bangladesh?
  15. Is it difficult to get admission in B.Arch for NIOS students? Whether NIOS is equivalent to CBSE?
  16. Should I reappear in NIOS as a fresher in all subjects being disqualified in 3 subjects?
  17. Admission procedure in 12th CBSE after completing 10th from NIOS?
  18. How many chance we can take to reappear for 12th exam through NIOS board?
28th April 2018, 02:51 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it legal to reappear in 12th with NIOS to get admission in NIT for a CBSE candidate?

Since, you have scored 78% of marks in class 12th Board examination, you are very much eligible to study with NITs through IIT JEE examination.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th with Science stream scoring a minimum of 75% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the IIT JEE examination.
So, you don't have to waste a year and study class 12th once again.
29th April 2018, 03:12 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it legal to reappear in 12th with NIOS to get admission in NIT for a CBSE candidate?

Let me inform you that NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) is recognized and approved by MHRD Govt. of India. So, its certificate is valid and you can apply for JEE after qualifying 12th standard from NIOS board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?