7th February 2014, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to complete class 11 for JEE?

sir can i appear for JEE . . if i complete my class 12 with pcm . but sir i`ve failed in class 11 due to some reasons . i have joined a school without completing class 11 . is it necessary to complete class 11 for JEE . plz answer ...... ..

12th February 2014, 09:51 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it necessary to complete class 11 for JEE?

No with out completing your 11th class you can not apply for the JEE(Joint Entrance Examination).So first I recommend you to complete the 11th class first.The minimum basic academics qualification is 12th class from a recognized university or its equivalent degree is acceptable.

The final year candidates studying 12th class can apply for the JEE Examination.The Intermediate or else the Two year Pre university examination is conducted by the recognized university/college.candidates with the 12th qualifying examination on or before 2011 are also eligible for the exam.

The number of attempts allowed for this entrance examine is limited to 3 times.So as you have number of chances you first try to clear subjects in the 11th class examination.Because JEE Is a national level entrance examination for engineering entrance.So you can not apply for the JEE exam with this case.The minimum percentage you must have attained is aggregate of 50% at least.There will be an upper age limit relaxed by the 5 years for SC/ST/PWD candidates.The candidates who were born on or after October 01,1983 are eligible.

As far as I am concerned you try to complete the Backlog subjects first in the 11th class examination. Parallel you try to prepare for the JEE examination.Soon after clearing them you can appear for the examination of JEE.
13th April 2015, 07:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes it is necessary to complete class11 for the JEE as the minimum eligibility criteria for the joint entrance examination is candidates who have passed the +2 examination or even the candidates in the final year can also apply .
Since you cant be promoted to 12 th without passing the class 11 th examination.

The examination is conducted for the admission in various government colleges for the B.tech and B.E degree .
15th April 2015, 05:53 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes it is mandatory to go through class 11th . As the eligibility criteria to apply for JEE examination is the candidates must be 12th passed or result waiting candidates can apply . And there is no such process to qualify 12th until you pass in 11th .

The JEE examination is conducted by CBSE for the admission in engineering colleges ( Government , Private ) for undergraduate courses .

There is now limitations on number of attempts as it is now 3 consecutive years only with 12th examination year .

So first complete your 11th class .
15th April 2015, 11:06 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes it is necessary to complete Class 11th for appearing in JEE examination .

The eligibility criteria for JEE Mains examination :-

You must have passed or pursuing your 12th with physics , chemistry and mathematics as your main subjects with at least 50 % marks in each of the subjects .

Your are must be within 17 years to 25 years till the final date in which you are appearing for same examination .

Now if you will not appear in class 11th then you cannot be promoted to class 12th and hence you are not eligible for JEE examinations .

So for this examination you should first complete your class 11th and Class 12th board examinations with good percentage as it will be required when you will appear for JEE advance examinations .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?