14th October 2016, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Is it not possible to join Journalism for Science students?

I am worried about my son, he is now preparing for his Board exam of 10th standard from Himachal Pradesh Board. He is well in Mathematics so I think he should take Science. But he is interested in Humanities because his aim is join Journalism. I just want to know that through Science he can't take Journalism as a Profession?

15th October 2016, 01:59 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it not possible to join Journalism for Science students?

The candidate who wishes to make carrier in journalism has to opt for Bachelor's degree or Post Graduate degree in journalism/mass communication. Yes, it is quite possible to join Journalism for Science students.

Eligibility criteria required for admission in Bachelor's degree in journalism/mass communication :-

- The candidate must be 12th pass in any stream with at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized board to get admission for Bachelor degree in journalism .

- The candidate must have passed Bachelor degree in journalism to get admission for Post graduate degree courses .

-The candidate must have good communication skills and linguistic skills and writing skills and listening skills.

-The Entrance exam of various journalism institutes usually held in the month from May - July every year consists of a written test followed by Group discussions and Interview.
15th October 2016, 07:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am worried about my son, he is now preparing for his Board exam of 10th standard from Himachal Pradesh Board. He is well in Mathematics so I think he should take Science. But he is interested in Humanities because his aim is join Journalism. I just want to know that through Science he can't take Journalism as a Profession?
After completion of 12th standard, you can join in journalism course.

Yes, Journalism course is good profession. There are so many jobs for Journalism candidates.
15th October 2016, 03:00 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, it is possible to join the journalism after the 10+2 with science stream.

The eligibility to get the admission in the journalism course is that the candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board with science stream.

So, you can pursue science stream right now and you will be eligible to make your future in journalism after that.
15th October 2016, 03:09 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

It is possible to join Journalism for Science students:-

The minimum qualification required is 12th Class with any stream. After that you have to do the Journalism course from any reputed institute. only after that you can fulfil your dream.
15th October 2016, 04:55 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely by taking science stream in 11th standard your child will be able to choose Journalism as Profession. To join Communication and Journalism, a candidate must have done 12th standard with at least 50% marks from recognised board in any discipline. Hence you need not to worry about the future of your child. If he's interested to choose Humanities then it is very good if you give him a chance to pursue 11th and 12th from Humanities stream because then he can pursue his goal in much better way.
15th October 2016, 06:33 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, he can definitely join Science stream and opt for journalism later. However, his hard work in science stream will not be of much use if he opts for journalism in graduation level. It is always recommended to go for the stream in which one is interested and comfortable.
16th October 2016, 02:42 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely he can go for it after completion of his 12th standard, there is no such problem in it. After successful completion of his course, he can get admission in Bachelor in Mass Communication course and after completion of your course, you can pursue your career in the field you wish to.
30th March 2017, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I know that which college is best for mass communication after 12 for undergraduate.
6th June 2017, 02:28 PM
LiyaSharan

Thumbs up Re: Is it not possible to join Journalism for Science students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I know that which college is best for mass communication after 12 for undergraduate.
Some of the leading institutes in for graduation in Mass Communication are:

Christ University, Bangalore
Symbiosis Institute, Pune
Lady Shri ram College, New Delhi
University of Mumbai, Mumbai
Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
Asian Academy, Noida
Zee institute, Mumbai
St.Joseph's College, Bangalore
31st July 2017, 12:15 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Your son is eligible to become a journalist. A candidate must be 12th passed with any discipline along with minimum 50% marks.

After the completion of intermediate your son needs to take admission in BA journalism or BA mass communication.
After that he will become a journalist.
It will be good if he will apply for Master's degree also with journalism or mass communication.
After that he will get good job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?