7th May 2017, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Procedure followed to do journalism course after graduation?

Am studying B.Sc computer science 2nd year, I want to become a journalist, can I do journalism course after completion of my graduation?what course can I do in journalism? How much time period it will take to compete that course? Give me advice.

Related Questions:
9th May 2017, 12:32 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Procedure followed to do journalism course after graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am studying B.Sc computer science 2nd year, I want to become a journalist, can I do journalism course after completion of my graduation?what course can I do in journalism? How much time period it will take to compete that course? Give me advice.

After completion of graduation, candidates can pursue MA Journalism & Mass Communication course in various colleges / universities in India. Eligibility to study MA Journalism & Mass Communication is Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognized university. Candidates can apply online for taking admission to the MA Journalism & Mass Communication course. Admission is offered to those candidates who have cleared the entrance test, group discussion and interview in some colleges. The course is available in the following universities

Amity School of Communication - Website Link

IGNOU - Website Link

Sri Sri University - Website Link

Sharda University - Website Link

Chitkara University - Website Link
9th May 2017, 01:05 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Candidates from any discipline are eligible to pursue journalism course. After completing B.Sc computer science with minimum 50% - 60% marks from a recognized college, you can apply for master's degree courses in journalism. Here are some of the post graduation courses in journalism for which you can apply:

> MA in Broadcast Journalism

> MA in Public Relations

> MA in Media and Journalism

> MA in Photojournalism

> MA in Journalism

> M.Sc in Mass Communication

> MA in Convergent Journalism

> MA in Broadcast Journalism

> MA in Mass Communication and Journalism

These master degree courses are of 2 years long and in order to get admission for these courses you may have to appear for an entrance examination which will be conducted by the reputed institutes. After qualifying the examination you have to face an interview and hence, you can get admission on the basis of that.
9th May 2017, 02:21 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Yes, you can pursue the Journalism course after completion of your graduation degree as the minimum qualification required to pursue the Journalism course is the candidate must have completed his 10+2 from the recognized board of education. Below are the course mentioned which you can opt for:
1. B.A with Journalism - The duration of this course is 3 years.
2. B.A with mass media - The duration of this course is 3 years.
3. Bachelor in journalism - The duration of this course is 3 years.
4. Bachelor in journalism and mass communication - The duration of this course is 3 years.
5. B.A in script writing - The duration of this course is 3 years.
6. Diploma in journalism and mass communication - The duration of this course is 2 years.
7. Diploma in journalism - The duration of this course is 1 year.
After completion of the above mentioned course one can also pursue his/her master’s degree in the same field of interest.
4th March 2020, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

can i join this field after my BTECH
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?